CD Deck in Protect Mode.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tre' The Truth
10+ year member

Driving, beatin', then cd player goes in to protect mode.

I just got new Pioneer speakers today, they work and everything, but before it went into protect, some distortion came through them, then cd player shut off.

Kenwood-KDC-MP4032.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I just re-did all of the wiring' date=' but it's still in protect mode.[/quote']
Hit the reset button on the front of the headunit while its still hooked up and see if that does anything.

It should be a little flush mounted button that you have to use a pen or other pointy object to push in.

I just got pissed, disconnected everything, and said "F It"...

I'll go to audio shop early tomorrow morning and have everything connected by crimping to make sure it's properly/securely connected.

Just bought some Pioneer speakers yesterday morning, installed them, they're nice...now this.

Just hook it back up and reset it you might of blown the speakers but doubt it. They will charge you so much to do that its not funny might even mess with some stuff to don't take it to the shop.

I bought a crimper too and connectors, re-did all of my wiring...

I found out that my speaker wire from the left rear is blown and was causing it to short when the touched, so I un-did them, put electrical tape on them, so they wouldn't touch metal.

Just hook it back up and reset it you might of blown the speakers but doubt it. They will charge you so much to do that its not funny might even mess with some stuff to don't take it to the shop.
at most they would charge 50$, which isnt "so much" in my book.

Weird. This same thing happened to a friends HU just today. Crackling in the speakers then it went into protect. I told him to press the reset button and it did it again. No way it's the harness because i wired that up myself and theres no way those wires are coming undone. It's gotta be a short between the HU and one of the speakers I'm guessing. I'm gonna take a look at it tomorrow.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.