CD won't eject, what to do??

thats what i thought, but the problem is it is made for a software reset.
any other ideas??

thanks

Zach
What kind of head unit are we talking about here?
And welcome to the forum. I'm from Shreveport, too! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

some cd players will have a manuel eject...

Or u could do like i did when my friends cd wouldnt come out. Just pull the unit and strip the casing till u get to her

some cd players will have a manuel eject...
Or u could do like i did when my friends cd wouldnt come out. Just pull the unit and strip the casing till u get to her
instead of striping it next time, hand him a plasma cutter.

it's an older Kenwood
Ok - Kenwood's I am pretty familiar with as I have owned them for years. Could you give us a model # so we could nail down the specifics a bit better?
what part of Shreveport?
I originally hail from University Terrace (the neighborhood behind the Sheraton ~ or whatever it is now ~ on E. 70th street) but currently I am in Australia
how old are you?
I feel like I'm taking part in some dating service kinda questionaire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif None of that happening here, buddy!! I'm 32.

lol, sorry bout the ?'s lol i was just wondering if I knew you, but im only 18. lol

its called "the mask" cant remember the model# though

lol, sorry bout the ?'s lol i was just wondering if I knew you, but im only 18. lol
No problems
its called "the mask" cant remember the model# though
Does the faceplate revolve 180 degrees automatically or do you have to rotate the faceplate by hand?Kenwood had two different models of that particular faceplate design that were called "D-Mask" and "D-Mask+"

The 'normal' D-Mask had a faceplate that the user could revolve 180 degrees to display a blank, black panel to would-be thieves to give the appearance of a non-existant HU or one that had already had the faceplate removed. The D-Mask+ did the same thing only the faceplate rotated automatically when the ignition was turned on or off.

The D-Mask+ was a bit of a tactical error for Kenwood as the ribbon cable that transferred user input data from the faceplate to the stereo's main chassis had a bad habit of developing problems. They weren't particularly reliable, to say the least, and it was a generally accepted opinion that Kenwood did the smart thing by discontinuing this particular design. For some odd reason they've revived the D-Mask+ with the eXcelon KDC-X689.

I'm still not entirely certain what you're meaning by a 'software reset.'

Somewhere on the faceplate of that radio should be a rather small button inset into a cavity marked 'Reset.' Most likely you would need a straight pin or something similar to get in there to depress the button. Once you find that, depress the reset button (keeping in mind that all your station presets, clock, etc will revert back to factory default) and see if that cures your problems.

I'd still like to know what the model number is, though, for curiosity's sake. As it is a Kenwood it will be "KDC- " with the dash being followed by some numbers. If it is an eXcelon unit the dash will be followed by either a 'PS' or an 'X' dependant on its age and then some numbers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.