Confused about the setup I want...

Participant count
  • Participant list

StanJarensky

Alright, hey guys, I have a 2013 Ford Focus ST. The car comes stock with eight speakers in the doors (a tweeter and woofer each), a center speaker, an amp and a subwoofer in the hatch. The system as a whole isn't bad but I'm looking for something better. A lot of people said that replacing the door speakers is a pretty massive upgrade so I went ahead and bought two sets of Infinity Kappa 60.11CS speakers and replaced all eight door speakers. They were right and it is a pretty big upgrade but now I'm looking for more bass and that's where the problems really start.

The stock amp isn't that great...the stock speakers were horrible 25w speakers so the amp really doesn't push too much power out. The problem is that if you replace the stock amp, you lose function in MyFordTouch, navigation, etc. so a line-out converter needs to be purchased and an additional amp needs to be added.

I'm looking at the LC2I for the line converter and a 5-Channel amp such as the Rockford Fosgate R600X5. The problem that I'm having is I'm not sure how everything is supposed to be wired. I've been told that I need to set the front door woofers as the input for the LC2I and then have the outputs go to the second amp. What confuses me is the LC2I only has two sets of outputs--a "main output" and a "bass output". Obviously the bass output is going to go to the sub input on the second amp but all 5-channel amps have inputs for front AND rear connections. Does the main output for the LC2I go to the front inputs on the second amp and do I leave the rear inputs disconnected?

I've attached two pictures of the LC2I and Rockford amp so you can hopefully realize what I'm trying to say. Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

uzb0aUd.jpg

a5uKT7f.jpg

If your looking to amp all the speakers and a sub. Then you need a lc6 to get all the inputs and out puts for the amp. Also the amp isn't that much better than your stock one. I did a edge a while back. Upgraded the fronts. Left them on the stock amp and added the bigger amp for the sub. Kept all the stock deck features. It's loud. Very loud

If your looking to amp all the speakers and a sub. Then you need a lc6 to get all the inputs and out puts for the amp. Also the amp isn't that much better than your stock one. I did a edge a while back. Upgraded the fronts. Left them on the stock amp and added the bigger amp for the sub. Kept all the stock deck features. It's loud. Very loud
Okay, so would getting the LC2I and connecting it to a mono amp for the sub be a better idea? A mono amp such as this?

Also, if that's the case, how would I wire up the LC2I? Would I still connect the front two woofers and then just run the output to the amp or would I connect the subwoofer wires from the stock amp to the LC2I inputs?

Okay, so would getting the LC2I and connecting it to a mono amp for the sub be a better idea? A mono amp such as this?
Also, if that's the case, how would I wire up the LC2I? Would I still connect the front two woofers and then just run the output to the amp or would I connect the subwoofer wires from the stock amp to the LC2I inputs?
Needs to be connected before the sub amp

Right, so:
Stock Amp ==Sub wires==> LC2I Inputs ==LC2I Bass Outputs==> Second Amp Sub Inputs?
No. Wires must be tapped in before the stock amp for the sub then lc2 amp then sub I can order everything needed and ship to you

No. Wires must be tapped in before the stock amp for the sub then lc2 amp then sub I can order everything needed and ship to you
Oh, I have everything except the second amp. I already have the Infinity Reference 860w that I'll be using as well as the LC2I and the second amp isn't a problem to get, it's just the wiring that I'm having trouble following. I'm fine wiring up speakers but I've never used a line-converter and my general knowledge is a bit lacking, unfortunately.

So what exactly do you mean by the wires need to be tapped before the stock amp? Is there anyway you can make a little illustration? :S

The

Oh, I have everything except the second amp. I already have the Infinity Reference 860w that I'll be using as well as the LC2I and the second amp isn't a problem to get, it's just the wiring that I'm having trouble following. I'm fine wiring up speakers but I've never used a line-converter and my general knowledge is a bit lacking, unfortunately.
So what exactly do you mean by the wires need to be tapped before the stock amp? Is there anyway you can make a little illustration? :S
You'll need to find out which wires are for the sub going into the amp. You can go after the amp. But you'll need to turn the gains on the lc2 down quite a bit otherwise slot of distortion will be introduced into to amp

The
You'll need to find out which wires are for the sub going into the amp. You can go after the amp. But you'll need to turn the gains on the lc2 down quite a bit otherwise slot of distortion will be introduced into to amp
Alright, so I know what wires go from the stock amp to the sub. So I'm guessing a clip the wires between the stock amp and the sub, plug the end going from the stock amp into the LC2I so that they're connected, and then connect the LC2I to the aftermarket amp and then hook up the sub?

Alright, so I know what wires go from the stock amp to the sub. So I'm guessing a clip the wires between the stock amp and the sub, plug the end going from the stock amp into the LC2I so that they're connected, and then connect the LC2I to the aftermarket amp and then hook up the sub?
Yes. You'll need a bit of wire. Rcas. And amp kit for the amp

The

Thanks for the help! One last question: like I said earlier, I plan on using an Infinity Reference 860w which is a 250 RMS watt single 4 ohm subwoofer. Do you suggest any mono amps for it?
Edit: I'm currently looking at this amplifier.
Don't get that amp. It's junk get one that leaves room for upgrades also what's your budget ?

I could do that new if used. You'd get more power. But there's always a risk used
Well the sub's only 250 watt so I'm not really looking for too much more power than that. If I really needed, I may eventually go up to a 10-inch but that would really be it. Anything more than that and it's taking up too much cargo space. I'm not looking for the best, just something that will get the job done well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.