crescendo 100c4 just got it

R3B3L 91
10+ year member

Indiana
so i just got my new 4 channel crescendo and i was cruising around listening to it and what not. stopped at the gas station then it wouldn't turn back on. i realized that it was getting pretty hot. checked all my connections and seemed good. still no go. got home turned my car off and back on and its working but it still seems kinda hot. any ideas why it would get hot? i am running 4 gauge wire on it with a 60 amp fuse, should i get a higher fuse? thanks for the help

edit- also this is powering two 6.5" alpine on my door and two alpine 6x9 on the deck. both are type r 4 ohms

kinda new how would i go about setting the gains, start low and go from there?

would a 100 amp fuse do the job or like a 120?

Fuse is there to protect the EQUIPMENT not the wire. If your not pulling over 60 amps, then sure why not use a 60 amp fuse? oh wait because its to protect the wire not amp. Hmmm so running a 60 amp fuse instead of 150 amp fuse will HURT the wire? Thats strange because hes pulling less than 60 amps...

Never said it was going to hurt the wire by running a smaller fuse, but an inline fuse @ the battery should be used to protect the wire itself from carrying too much current. If an amp has its own integral fuses, then running an inline fuse @ the same rating/lower is simply redundant - this is obviously different if the amp DOESN'T have integral fuses. In every other case, though, you want to run a fuse that matches or is lower than the ampacity of the cable, while greater than the total current draw of the system (duh). But the main purpose of that first inline fuse that comes off the battery is to prevent the cable from carrying too much current that would otherwise start a fire.

Fuse is there to protect the EQUIPMENT not the wire. If your not pulling over 60 amps, then sure why not use a 60 amp fuse? oh wait because its to protect the wire not amp. Hmmm so running a 60 amp fuse instead of 150 amp fuse will HURT the wire? Thats strange because hes pulling less than 60 amps...
But if he gets a bigger amp that would blow that 60amp fuse, then he'd have to buy another, larger, fuse. Fuse it once at the amount that the wire can handle, and you won't have to change it again until you upgrade your wire to 0gauge(or use an amp with no fuses that isn't going to be protected with a 120-150amp fuse.

so how do i go about setting my gains? i just bought a new fuse cause no where around here carries what i need since its a maxi fuse i can only go to 100.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

R3B3L 91

10+ year member
R3B3L 91
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from