Help on Crescendo amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aaron Johnson

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok guys got a question so I have a Crescendo 2000d bass cleff. It has rca input and next to it a out also a strap out rca. My goal is too get another class d amp to work and don't know if that rca out will be OK to run to a input on another class D amp
20220825_071404.jpg

Ok guys got a question so I have a Crescendo 2000d bass cleff. It has rca input and next to it a out also a strap out rca. My goal is too get another class d amp to work and don't know if that rca out will be OK to run to a input on another class D ampView attachment 57544
DO NOT strap different amps. You need to get another of the very same amp. you MUST HAVE two identical amplifiers.

DO NOT strap different amps. You need to get another of the very same amp. you MUST HAVE two identical amplifiers.
I can't see anything on your amp, but if it is like the 3500 or 4000, then yes, you could use the RCA R/L out If you want to run different amplifiers, not the Strap out option RCA. Or, you could simply use a set of or a single "Y" from the source and run separate inputs to each amp.

I can't see anything on your amp, but if it is like the 3500 or 4000, then yes, you could use the RCA R/L out If you want to run different amplifiers, not the Strap out option RCA. Or, you could simply use a set of or a single "Y" from the source and run separate inputs to each amp.
Yea on the output left and right I was thinking of doing that but I bought the amp without details so wasn't sure if that's meant for highs. But highs come from second amp with rcas from head unit. Which do you think wld sound better if the output does work for other amp? And I kno not to strap two different amps.

When you say highs, I assume you mean fullbandwith. As long as you're getting the proper frequency band, probably not significant soundwise, for a sub amplifier as they have a built in crossover and that full range should transfer through to the other amp as well.

That said, I'm still a proponent of having the most uninterrupted signal path, least amount of anything in the signal path. One of the endearing qualities of the SIQ125.4 and SIQ 75.4 that run my entire front stage is that they have zero x-over electronics in the amp, straight signal from my DSP unit to the amplifier - clean, uninterrupted signal path.

Evan running active tweeters from those amps, for low frequency blockers (inline tweeter protection or bass blockers as people like to call them) I opt for a bit more costly metalized polypropylene film caps at $20 a piece over $2 electrolytics. I think that anytime you place things in the signal path it alters something so I would prefer splitting the output prior to input rather than running it though one electrical circuit to another amp.

Last edited:
When you say highs, I assume you mean fullbandwith. As long as you're getting the proper frequency band, probably not significant soundwise, for a sub amplifier as they have a built in crossover and that full range should transfer through to the other amp as well.

That said, I'm still a proponent of having the most uninterrupted signal path, least amount of anything in the signal path. One of the endearing qualities of the SIQ125.4 and SIQ 75.4 that run my entire front stage is that they have zero x-over electronics in the amp, straight signal from my DSP unit to the amplifier - clean, uninterrupted signal path.

Evan running active tweeters from those amps, for low frequency blockers (inline tweeter protection or bass blockers as people like to call them) I opt for a bit more costly metalized polypropylene film caps at $20 a piece over $2 electrolytics. I think that anytime you place things in the signal path it alters something so I would prefer splitting the output prior to input rather than running it though one electrical circuit to another amp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240317_193814_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240317_193814_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 9

Screenshot_20240317_193814_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...