Curious About the Best Way to Wire Two Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

JasoninDLH

Jason Was Here
MN
I have two 2 ohm SVC subs. One is on the passenger wheel well and the other is on the driver side and I’ll power both with a 1 ohm amp. Can I bring both wires from the subs and connect directly to the amp to present a 1 ohm load or do I need to connect it like this (I had two amps powering each sub separately that I’m replacing so the wiring is all setup so I prefer doing it the first way):

IMG_0244.jpeg

You can wire them like this or you can wire them both independently and connect them/wire them together at the amp's terminals.
Great, thanks!

I will keep the independent runs (since it’s all wired like this already) and I’m assuming I will have to twist both positives and both negatives together and connect each twisted pair into the amp connection labeled “1 Ohm” which is A- and B+….

1682795807904.png

Maybe one day I’ll completely figure this wiring out. But for now I need help.

Yeah you have it.

That is 4 inputs / 4 terminals for one channel. They just doubled the inputs to make wiring easier, for the exact reason of what you are doing. Usually they are next to each other + + - -, but it looks like yours is the other way. I would double check the manual. Instead of wiring them together and stuffing under one screw, you can just wire them straight into that. (One channel with 2 pos and 2 neg terminals).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...