Custom rear speaker pannel (6 speakers!)

You cant use a two channel amp with the combo of speakers that you want to use. You could use a 4 channel amp and use the two pair of 6/9's in parallel, and solo out the 6" on the other two channels to make this work other wise you will be at to low of a resistance and the amp will shut off after you give it any volume. "By the way, The type of EGO's on this thread are why the car audio fans dislike allot of us". This **** isn't rocket science.

As long as the speakers are 4 ohms each and the amp has 2 channels and is 1 ohm stable, this works. Three 4 ohm speakers in parallel is 1.33 ohms nominal. A single channel amp would need to be 0.5 ohm stable to run six 4 ohm speakers.

If two speakers are 4 ohms and one is 2 ohms then you have 1 ohm and the amplifier requirement is the same in stereo or mono.

I agree that mixing speaker types is never a good idea, but that isn't the question.

And I didn't read the entire thread, just the first page. I apologize if I am restating what has already been said.

This thread is still alive? 0_0 i think ive seen every point possible from this thread beat to death

1: that rear reflection is a bad idea and a waste of money (( did anyone notice i stated that I have NOT bought anything yet? ))

2: 6 speakers cant be ran off 1 4way amp

3: 6 speakers can be ran off 1 4way amp

4: TOS

5: Again that I am not leaving? You bring that up often... Does my exsitance here upset you that much?

6: people are really bored since this thread has been the center of your life for the past week

If your that bored go to youtube and type "Fake" as a comment on several random videos people will freak...

Again thank you for the information I have taken apart my front dash as part of a fiberglass project during so the footwell of the dash will contain only 2 speakers per side facing the back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.