DC lvl 3 problem

No problem guys, Atleast he also learned a little bout his head unit. Hopefully she doesnt smell anymore:D
ya, i wired it like the diagram says, but when i jumped positive and negative i did em on the same side of the sub, aka same coil i think

ya, i wired it like the diagram says, but when i jumped positive and negative i did em on the same side of the sub, aka same coil i think
Yeah, sounds like you may of only been running one coil which can def be problems. Hope you've got it all straight now.

Yeah, sounds like you may of only been running one coil which can def be problems. Hope you've got it all straight now.
i hope so to, thanks for help, im gonna build a new box for it to that box he build is got shims and leaks and all fucked up or put in box i got my type r in my car

i hope so to, thanks for help, im gonna build a new box for it to that box he build is got shims and leaks and all fucked up or put in box i got my type r in my car
Leaks could also be a part of why your sub is bottoming out. Its losing the pressure in the box and allowing the sub to travel more.

Leaks could also be a part of why your sub is bottoming out. Its losing the pressure in the box and allowing the sub to travel more.
well, gonna build a new box, and mount amp to side, i dont know how to do that safely tho

well, gonna build a new box, and mount amp to side, i dont know how to do that safely tho
Mount the amp to the side of the box? be careful doing that, things can vibrate loose inside and mess it up. If you absolutely have to, put foam or something in between the amp and box so when you screw it down it has something in between to cut down on the vibrations.

Mount the amp to the side of the box? be careful doing that, things can vibrate loose inside and mess it up. If you absolutely have to, put foam or something in between the amp and box so when you screw it down it has something in between to cut down on the vibrations.
thats what i wanna do, casue i really wanna mount it to the side of box, casue it looks sweet, and i have no other space to put it except just laying there, ya, i was gonna cut apart a rubber floormat and screw that to box, and then screw the amp on it

thats what i wanna do, casue i really wanna mount it to the side of box, casue it looks sweet, and i have no other space to put it except just laying there, ya, i was gonna cut apart a rubber floormat and screw that to box, and then screw the amp on it
1/2" thick foam washers under the mounting feet keeps the majority of amps surface area off enclosure. Just .02 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.