Decent 15-18inch subs?

I'm looking at upgrading my system I've been running two Alpine Type R 12s at 1500W Rms for a while. I won't have the money to do an amp upgrade any time soon but as far as subs go what does everyone like? Specifically what 15s or 18s out there sound good and can get loud? Anything in the $200-500 price range would be nice.

Also how does anyone feel about Soundstream subs?

I also have a really nice set of eclipse 8815's if your interested , they kill the lows ,sound great and will take 1k a piece. Pm me for pics if interested.

Anyone else have opinions?

I can run 2.5k at 2 ohm and would like 2 15s or 18's. I want something that can crush on lows and still has decent SQ. My price range is around 200-600. I have plenty of space for an enclosure.

Price range will probably be more later on.

Whatever power you want. They're all solid. If your electrical can take it go for the HDC3 or HDC4 series. Look up "Black Nasty Soundqubed" on YouTube. He uses all Soundqubed equipment.

If agree with Soundqubed, I'm running a single HDC3 15 and it absolutely rocks. Super loud, super low. Or, of you are willing to do 5-8k rms you could grab two Ascendant Audio Mayhems. Great subs. The Havocs are amazing too, and you'd only need 3-4 k for a pair of those.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.