Decent 15-18inch subs?

Hmm now if Im gunna be spending that much on subs what about the Zcon 18? I'm really liking the look of that X 18 though
Zcon will be more of an SQL sub, it can hit both highs and lows and sound very good for being that loud but its not a pure low end monster like the sundown Xs which is pretty much made for pure lows and sounds moderately decent too.

I put the numbers in winisd with both subs in as good a box as I could design for them given my space and the Zcon seems to outperform the Sundown X.

Screen_Shot_2013_12_25_at_3_44_39_AM.png

Zcon is the grey line. Now its not that huge a difference but an extra 3db on the higher end is quite a difference. Now I'm sure that I'm getting into an area I don't know as much about throwing the graph in there so if I'm doing something stupid please enlighten me!

obsidians again get my vote, and thats coming from a guy that has had both hdc3 and hdc4, the aq's slam and get loud but the sound isn't as clean at all.... and the ssa subs are great or some tantric hdd, the problem I didn't like with the x's is they hits the lows super hard.... but not much else freq response is so limited...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.