Decided to make it metal.

BS.

Hope you're puting the deadener on the outside of the box.

This guy just doesn't know how to get out of looking like an ass now. Hes like the guy in school who had the girlfriend a state over, but nobody will ever see her.

Hey guys.Just wanted to let you know that after all the bad mouthing about my metal box it's finally finished.I didn't put the dynamat in it yet so at higher frequencies it vibrates a tiny little bit but it sounds amazing at the lows.Hopefully I have pics soon but I'm not going to make any promises.Probably with in the next week though.Even though I said it would sound good before I made it,I was lying.lol.I'm shocked at how good it sounds.
bs_flag.gif

that is all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

yeah you know what i'm saying though.i mean,why not do it.it's just a test drive,if you will,a prototype.before everyone flies off the handle calm your horses.
Why? Because it's been done for decades, and the only time you get good results is when using THICK aluminum, or aluminum in a honeycomb shape. There's a speaker called the KEF Muon which is routed out of a single piece of aluminum which apparently sounds decent, but it also costs over $140,000. No one is trying to deter you, but it has been done before, and it costs so much money to be done correctly that even when it's properly executed, wood is still a better choice. Metal is NOT acoustically dead at all, and to make it such, you need a piece so thick that its resonant frequency is nowhere near what the speaker can play.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.