Distro Block Question...

07ramjam
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Recently I bought a Tsunami 1/0 kit from a CC store.It came with a distibution block that confuses me a little.It has 2 0 ga. inputs and 4 4ga. outputs.Im confused why its like this?My amp has a 0 ga. input so I was hoping to be able to hook it up like that,but the block doesnt allow for me to do that because of the 4 ga. outputs.I have to use the block because Im running multiple amps.I did some research on distro blocks and this seems to be a common setup.What should I do?

So if the block has two 1/0 inputs, what says that they must be inputs. Use one of the two inputs as the input, and use the second as the output (with inline fuse of course). Voila!

So if the block has two 1/0 inputs, what says that they must be inputs. Use one of the two inputs as the input, and use the second as the output (with inline fuse of course). Voila!
this.... then just use the 4awg outputs to whatever other amps you need to run.

So would this work even though the inputs are on the same side?This is a great idea but still seems a little strange.
Distribution blocks are big hunks of metal with holes drilled into them where you're supposed to press wire against to complete the circuit. Any point on that block is connected to any other given point. You could use the outputs as inputs and inputs as outputs. It really doesn't matter.

^^^ What he said. The only time it would make a difference is if you have a fused distro and you are using one input as an output, you would not have any fuse protection and would still need to use an inline fuse like I mentioned above.

^^^ What he said. The only time it would make a difference is if you have a fused distro and you are using one input as an output, you would not have any fuse protection and would still need to use an inline fuse like I mentioned above.
Yes it is fused.What size fuse would I need to run?The amp will be putting out over 1700 watts.

Yes it is fused.What size fuse would I need to run?The amp will be putting out over 1700 watts.
You fuse the wire, so whatever the wire is rated for, that is the fuse to use.

Example:

1/0 gauge - 300a

2 gauge - 200a

4 gauge - 125a

8 gauge - 50a

Those are the normal specs for standard wire, but it does vary by manufacturer.

this is an ad I've got from Princess Auto.

untitled.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.