dmm help....

Participant count
  • Participant list

luv2shrOOm
10+ year member

In my TONKA !!!
i got a kicker 2500 running @ 2 ohms, when i use my dmm, i'm supposed to be under 70 volts. but when i set the hu bass to zero and turn up the gains , i only can get to about 40 volts max, but heres the thing, i smell burning and my subs don't move very much..

whats the problem?

you must have a load present on the amplifier. if your amp is not regulated, then you must have the speakers connected. if the amp is regulated, then you can disconnect the speakers and get a good reading.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Try this other test; get a 3.5mm headphone repair cable and connect it to the LC7i input. Connect that to your phone and measure. This will tell...
Got it figured out! Thankfully a friend just found out about KunKonceptz UBT-20 terminal adapters that allow multiple connections to my type 94...
Turn the volume completely down and operate ot normally. This is to see if it is the built in amplifier that is shutting down. If the radio does...
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield...
Dammned good speakers. Just pass up the CL series,and you will be pleased with CDT speakers. I still enjoy all mine. Polk MM series and Infinity...

About this thread

luv2shrOOm

10+ year member
In my TONKA !!!
luv2shrOOm
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from