Lc7i rca outputs measuring mV w dmm

I am measuring from the LC7i...HK system in the WRX goes left & right full range to HK amp which then splits the signal for each speaker location. I had to sum these to get quality full range sound to amplify which is what the LC7i was used for but when I go to measure the signal so that I am not exceeding the limits of my gear my DMM is reading in mV rather than Volts like every video on the planet shows (I figured I am just an idiot). Now I'm looking for local help who has an Oscope to help with the levels.

I even cut up an RCA cable and soldered it to an extra set of DMM leads I had laying around so that it would be easy peasy.
Try this other test; get a 3.5mm headphone repair cable and connect it to the LC7i input. Connect that to your phone and measure. This will tell us if the issue is the LC7i or the HK signal.
I just remembered something. Dodge UConnect radios have a protection that keeps the amp off if the speaker impedance is not detected. I wonder if HK has a similar feature but instead just lowers the ourput to those speakers.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...