Door speaker amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pauly187
10+ year member

Hey guys! Just got a new head unit pioneer avh6300 single din as I cannot fit a double din! Question is will it be better for me to use a external amp rather than the radios amp? Will the significance be that great?

I was look at picking up a kicker dx 400.4

Every aftermarket deck i've had has powered my stock speakers much better than my stock head unit. Main reason is the Equalizers that will come with the new head unit. But if you are looking for more power and even better sound then go for it. If you are going to go through and add an amp, might as well replace the stock speakers as well....

Make sure you know what your amp is capable of along with your speakers! Don't wanna blow your stock speakers by pushing to much power, but you'll want enough power for aftermarket speakers as well. I buy in pieces over a month or two and then install all at once.

Make sure you know what your amp is capable of along with your speakers! Don't wanna blow your stock speakers by pushing to much power, but you'll want enough power for aftermarket speakers as well. I buy in pieces over a month or two and then install all at once.
I would go ahead and amp the stockers for now with the gains nice and low. I've had good luck doing this as an intermediary step in building a system.

MB Quart REF.50 is smaller than a piece of paper length and width wise and right around 2.5 inches in height. I have that amp and 2 sets of MB Quart ONYX 216 components in my Dodge Nitro. You can look at my pictures in my profile if you would like. I love it.

the american bass vfl hybrid is even a better amp for 250 120 x 4 at 4 ohms and 150 x 4 at 2 ohms rms ,these are very nice little amps less than 12" in length and 6 " across and 2" high

Dang thoes amps are giving out some serious power imma blow my door speakers apart lol

I'm picking up a set of 4 6x8 pioneer 3way speakers! I think there 40 rms each! 4ohm!

Also buddy of mine has a alpine mrp-T130 2 channel 50x2 rms he would give me for FREE cant beat that! Though its only 50x2 rms can I run all 4 speakers? 2 speakers per channel! Amp would see 2ohms I guess cause each door speaker is 4ohms. And it's a tiny amp! Would this be a better option still than using my pioneer avh-p6300 HU amp?

Amp 50x2 rms

4 4ohm door speaker

2 speakers per channel amp see's 2ohm

Each speaker gets 25w rms maybe more cause lower ohm!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.