Dual Chamber Enclosure Wiring Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

awehlage

Alright members, be gentle as this is my first post.

Recently received (2) SoundQubed HDS312's D4. I am going to wire them in parallel/parallel down to a 1 ohm load. I have the diagram from the12volt.com No questions there.

My questions are am I stuck having most of the wiring outside of the enclosure because it is a dual chamber and I can't keep the speaker wiring internal? Is it recommended to use the terminals on the enclosure or should I install different hardware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated whether it is a simple reply or link to a resource! Thanks!!

Alright members, be gentle as this is my first post.
Recently received (2) SoundQubed HDS312's D4. I am going to wire them in parallel/parallel down to a 1 ohm load. I have the diagram from the12volt.com No questions there.

My questions are am I stuck having most of the wiring outside of the enclosure because it is a dual chamber and I can't keep the speaker wiring internal? Is it recommended to use the terminals on the enclosure or should I install different hardware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated whether it is a simple reply or link to a resource! Thanks!!
Here is what you can do, have 4 terminal bolts to each side of the chamber so 8 bolts in total. Wire each coil's + and - to the terminals and then you can do the parallel wiring from outside the box. Easy access to subwoofer wiring without taking the subs out of the box.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff209/cole4pres/0252.jpg

Thanks Jeffdachef, this is awesome! Appreciate your help.

Any certain size bolt to use? Stainless steel okay?

Should I just not touch the terminal cups on the outside of the enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.