Eclipse AVN726E - Anyone have any info?

Sorry i must have missed your other post....i will be doing a review this weekend i have to go get a new I-POD i ran mine over ...let me go find your other ??? and i will answer them..

Sooo ...

Harnesses are different. Map is not spot on accurate, but Very close. Visuals seem a bit cleaner, but very, very basic for the most part. Love your speed sense for tunnels and such with the 6620 ? All gone. No more speed sense.

GUI is simple, almost too simple. Then again there is not much to use on these.

Something is certainly different with the preout, although it does still claim 5V. Perhaps DACs were changed. Output is a bit lacking in contrast to the 6620, especially from the sub out.

Sub controls .. phase - reverse or normal, level - up or down, crossover on or off. Dunno what the 'crossover' point is though.

EQ is 3 band as already seen and known with a few pre selected using just those three bands.

Helped finish this one today, I imagine the owner is going back to his 6620 or something else ..

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

Nice pics! You mean he preferred the 6620 to this?

I like the interface a lot. Simple and easy to use, but it is missing good SQ features.

Surprised at what you say about the sound. The preouts on this are supposed to be 8V - technically better than the 5V. If you get a chance to compare this to the Kenwood units, do let us know. As of now I am leaning towards the Kenwood dnx9140..

Nice pics! You mean he preferred the 6620 to this?
I like the interface a lot. Simple and easy to use, but it is missing good SQ features.

Surprised at what you say about the sound. The preouts on this are supposed to be 8V - technically better than the 5V. If you get a chance to compare this to the Kenwood units, do let us know. As of now I am leaning towards the Kenwood dnx9140..
Flexibility wise, yes.

No they are supposed to be 5V, not 8. Which is only the CD7200. Not sure where you found 8, but perhaps a typo.

Ill take my current 8120 over the 726 anyday in a heartbeat. I dumped my 6620 in favor of it.

You are right - it is 5V. Good to know the preference for 8120; feel better about my decision to go with 9140 now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am dissapointed that the 726e is lacking this much. Even the 7200 is missing or lacking. I wonder if all these companies are holding back and budgeting due to the economy? Well since Alpine decided not to correct the W505 and simply added the P1 option, it looks like Kenwood will take a very strong lead.

i've been following your comments and i must give my input.. i was the 1st person in pgh to install this unit in my truck, and i was a little diappointed. i got it @ a good deal because i traded in my 6620 with the shop that i deal with. i miss my 6620, although the bluetooth is great, i like the 6620 navi is better, but the 726 is ok... a big DOWN GRADE in sound from the 6620.. i had to re adjust my jl 1000/1 and my e4300 just to get close to the same sound.. the sub pre out is no way in the world a 5v... also wish that you could change the backgrounds and start up screens like the kenwoods.. steering wheel controls are simple to connect to oem controls.. a++ on that.. usb reads 16gig card with no problem a++ didnt use the ipod yet.. ive had it installed since 5-4-09 and am bored of it already.. someone help me on changing the background. eclipse tech said they will release the info in a month.. doubt that...

thanks for your time

Hmmmm this thread got me thinking. I was going to pull the trigger on this unit tonight but once 6spd said hed take the 8120 over this it got me reconsidering.....

anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

It is a Really easy decision for the 8120 over the 726. However if a former 8120 owner and going to the 9140 it will take a bit of getting used to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

It is a Really easy decision for the 8120 over the 726. However if a former 8120 owner and going to the 9140 it will take a bit of getting used to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
why exactly do you think the 8120 is better than the 726? strictly the eq and TA or are there other factors involved?

FWIW

I am having this installed into a new toyota with backup cam, sirius, iphone/ipod, overhead monitor, steering wheel control.

I played with a demo unit attached to an ignition switch and i have to say it booted up in about 3 seconds. I was going to put a kenwood 6140 in but it took about 15-25 seconds to boot and the interface seemed a little busy.

The boot up time is a huge factor as the boss didnt want to wait around for the backup cam signal to come on.

My main concern is that since the eclipse uses navtech how does this compare to garmins setup (easy of use/poi etc)?

FWIWI am having this installed into a new toyota with backup cam, sirius, iphone/ipod, overhead monitor, steering wheel control.

I played with a demo unit attached to an ignition switch and i have to say it booted up in about 3 seconds. I was going to put a kenwood 6140 in but it took about 15-25 seconds to boot and the interface seemed a little busy.

The boot up time is a huge factor as the boss didnt want to wait around for the backup cam signal to come on.

My main concern is that since the eclipse uses navtech how does this compare to garmins setup (easy of use/poi etc)?
Boot up is certainly longer with the Kenwood, although there is more to it to do.

Rear camera does not require a boot up- wait time. It is instant as you go into reverse regardless of being booted or not.

They both use Navteq for mapping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.