Eclipse AVN726E - Anyone have any info?

i was pretty sure that kenwood uses garmin for GPS systems.

that was one of its biggest selling points.

ill try to find some info on other navtech systems to see how what people think.

Built-In Navigation

Navigation: With built-in Garmin navigation technology and NAVTEQ mapping software, the Kenwood DNX8120 features on-screen maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico which includes over 6 million Points of Interest. You can follow calculated on-screen routes to your destination using the headunit's built-in navigation software. As you travel, the DNX8120's navigation system guides you to your destination with voice prompts, arrows, and directions along the top of the map. If you happen to depart from your original route, the internal navigation system recalculates the route and provides new route instructions. Your route is marked with a highlighted line and an arrow, while your destination is marked with a checkered flag.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX8120/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX8120.html?tp=20212&tab=detailed_info

another thing that bothers me about the avn726e is that i have 2 12" flipdown monitors for the kids and on my 6620 you used to be able to let them watch a dvd played on the hu and use the wireless head phones and i could listen to the radio or ipod. now its the movie or nothing!! that *****. and if your watching a movie and the phone rings the bluetooth shuts everything down, rear monitors and all.. never happened on my 6620.. i got a 726e for sale.. lol.. should have gone kenwood dnx9140.. and gps looses signal a lot, antenna in the same location as my 6620.. not too bad until the lady cuts in and says gps signal lost every time that it is lost.. and you can tell the time unless you are connected with the navigation.. just over all not happy with unit ..

crap!!

the installer that i have chosen said that i would have no problem running dvd from HU and listening to ipod/sirius at the same time.

guess ill have to recheck this and make sure.

I chose monitors instead of dvd players in the back but if this is a no go i might get the player instead.

thanks for the heads up.

is there any attributes of the eclipse that you like over the kenwood?

yes recheck, cause i did it everyday with the6620, i can't do it with the 726e.. maybe something isnt hooked up right. im going to take it back to my installer and check as well.. as far as attributes, the interface is more simple and easy to use.. thats about it.. and it was a single wire connection that lets me use my steering wheel controls.. thats cool. not sure on if its that easy or possible with the kenwood.. i will find out soon as i got my 726e online for sale and if it goes for 900 im getting the kenwood...

Im having the install shop recheck and maybe even set it up and make sure before it goes in. He said he was 99% sure that you can.

The more i read about the pros of the unit i think i see just as many cons.

Im a little torn as the install shop doesnt carry kenwood so dont know if i can twist their arm and go with a 8120. They probably will balk because of warranty issues etc.

The reasons i liked the eclipse was the 7" size, basic menus (for the wife) ,quick startup, clear sounding bluetooth, backup cam and easy nav interface. Dont know if the same price range kenwood can do all that. Ill have to research further. im paying about $1100 for the eclipse!!

thanks for the help again.

let me know how that works out because my tech said it is no way to mess up the install on it.. i need to know cause it is a killer for me.. the kids hate when i get a call... lol i was looking to do the dnx9140 which is a lot more than the eclipse about 1400-1700... the start up on the eclipse is quick, but the navi boot is slow everytime you accept... about 20 sec..

will do. i agree the BT call issue would be a dealkiller. not acceptable for the kind of $$ im paying. i guess i could just have the kids run the monitor via the monitor inputs only, but we dont always have a portable dvd player or ipod in car. Ideally we would like that flexibility to control it from the HU.

looked at the 8120 and looks like it compares well except maybe more as i would need to add bt cables etc. Hopefully they can do it if i want as they are the only decent installer in area .

Ill post once i know more.thanks.

As far as I know, the 726E does not have this feature (called Dual Zone). I went through the online manual a while back, and there was no mention of this, and the dealer I work with agreed that it does not have it. So you will not be able to run 2 a/v sources at the same time.

will do. i agree the BT call issue would be a dealkiller. not acceptable for the kind of $$ im paying. i guess i could just have the kids run the monitor via the monitor inputs only, but we dont always have a portable dvd player or ipod in car. Ideally we would like that flexibility to control it from the HU.
looked at the 8120 and looks like it compares well except maybe more as i would need to add bt cables etc. Hopefully they can do it if i want as they are the only decent installer in area .

Ill post once i know more.thanks.
For BT there is nothing extra to buy for the 8120/9140. BT is fully integrated.

no dual zone!!! my local dealer doesnt know anything.. he said it did but when i took it back and i printed out the insane 239 or pages of a manual that you have to download from eclipse site, that says nothing about dual zone.. flat out wont return it.. i feel sorry for who ever bought this unit.. my prayers are with you..

reg442. i owe you a drink!

just about to get this unit but i will now go kenwood.

dealer confirmed no dual zone but had to call eclipse and read manual to get info.

i convinced them to install kenwood. but they are pushing clarion (?!)

need to make a choice on the which kenwood and everyone points to the 8120 in the ~$1k range.

im sure youll find a home for your eclipse.

thanks again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.