Eclipse TI Pro 18 Subwoofer

mfenske
10+ year member

aemracerex =POS
1 Eclipse SW9182 18" Subwoofer

Item is used and in good working condition. I picked this up locally. I LOVE this sub but it's just too big for my application. The magnet has a few scratches on it because it's like a decade old. There's a little what looks to be spray foam on the basket from the previous owner. All the coils ohm out between 1.5 and 1.9 ohms. Surround is in good shape. From what I understand this is essentially a TC 5200 clone which means it has a 4" voicecoil and monster motor. I've bought and sold a handful of items on here and LOTS of items with positive feedback on DIYMA.com

I'd need to get 430 shipped to the lower 48 states via paypal

I'll cover the shipping but will likely send it in two boxes (USPS flat rate on motor and probably UPS ground on the top assembly) because it's huge and heavy.

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I guess I don't understand how to measure, should that be done outside the enclosure?
Not exactly a gauge for it. Just trying to determine if they'll be okay with the current cone on a 10k burp. Thinking about switching my sub which is incredibly stiff and built for big power burps. The 4hp stock was good, but only if it hasn't been playing 5k for 10 years.

I look at this woofer as more of a daily listener than a burp monster. I know the previous owner had about 2,000 on it. I've been running less than 200 (need to get a monoblock).

I look at this woofer as more of a daily listener than a burp monster. I know the previous owner had about 2,000 on it. I've been running less than 200 (need to get a monoblock).
Definitely good for daily, but it can certainly do both.

Let me rephrase... Do they still feel stiff?
AFAIK these should have been pretty soft when they were new.

Not exactly a gauge for it. Just trying to determine if they'll be okay with the current cone on a 10k burp. Thinking about switching my sub which is incredibly stiff and built for big power burps. The 4hp stock was good, but only if it hasn't been playing 5k for 10 years.
You'd be far better off building for burps on that motor and saving the Eclipse top for music. Suspension will not be stiff, Ti cone isn't going to be as good as pulp, and those embedded tinsels are problematic much over 3KW.

You'd be far better off building for burps on that motor and saving the Eclipse top for music. Suspension will not be stiff, Ti cone isn't going to be as good as pulp, and those embedded tinsels are problematic much over 3KW.
Ah thank you for the info. Maybe I'll stick with what I've got then. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't play daily. I'd be wasting a lot of money on this cone just to build a new top for it. This would be better suited for someone who will use the whole thing.

Makes sense,thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.