Electrical/wiring for 5500 rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

da box king
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Portland, MI
All will be at 2 or 4ohms. I'm running a crossfire vr4000d @ 2 ohm, and 800 in interiors. I will have 2 interior amps. A HO alt will be coming...looking for a 300 amp. I'm running a deka group34 up front and 2 group 31's in the back.

...I will be doing 2 runs of + from the front to the rear, and a run of neg too, and will also be grounding the batteries in the rear.

What should I use for fuses though and where do I put them. I was going to use a 300 amp on each run of pos, and I believe I need one between the rear batteries as well. The vr4000d takes to inputs of 4 guage , so what fuse size should I use for that. If someone could help me lay this out it would be great. I'm trying to order everything tonight....

I will have 4 runs of 4 guage coming off the rear batteries. 2 pos for the crossfire and 1 pos to each 4 channel. Should I use 1/0 off a rear battery and go in a distribution block, and then out of the db I would have my 4 guage to all my amps. I just want to make sure I order everything I need.

...also I don't need any fuses between the rear batteries, or what?

thanks for the help too

You don't need any fuses between batteries. My rule of thumb on fuses are 1000w 100amp.

A 4000d use a 300amp fuse should be fine. If you start popping fuses check your voltage this is a main cause of popping. If you have good constant power you should be fine. I would bench charge the new batteries before you install them. This will keep all the initial strain from your alt , so it will have a better chance to keep the batteries up. Be care full with the 300amp alts they have low or no output @ idle. Not good for showing off in parking lots lol you need/want a higher output @ idle for most applications.

MLA

You don't need any fuses between batteries. My rule of thumb on fuses are 1000w 100amp.A 4000d use a 300amp fuse should be fine. If you start popping fuses check your voltage this is a main cause of popping. If you have good constant power you should be fine. I would bench charge the new batteries before you install them. This will keep all the initial strain from your alt , so it will have a better chance to keep the batteries up. Be care full with the 300amp alts they have low or no output @ idle. Not good for showing off in parking lots lol you need/want a higher output @ idle for most applications.

MLA
So I put a 300 amp fuse on each run of pos from front to rear. and then what size fuse should I put on the guage runs to the crossfire from the rear batts. Should I go 150 or 300....I was going to give each of my interiors a 150 amp fuse.. thank you so much for the input. I just don't want to mess this up.

You don't need any fuses between batteries. My rule of thumb on fuses are 1000w 100amp.A 4000d use a 300amp fuse should be fine. If you start popping fuses check your voltage this is a main cause of popping. If you have good constant power you should be fine. I would bench charge the new batteries before you install them. This will keep all the initial strain from your alt , so it will have a better chance to keep the batteries up. Be care full with the 300amp alts they have low or no output @ idle. Not good for showing off in parking lots lol you need/want a higher output @ idle for most applications.

MLA
ummm yea you need a fuse inline between the two batt's, under the hood, and in the trunk before the rear batt...

So I put a 300 amp fuse on each run of pos from front to rear. and then what size fuse should I put on the guage runs to the crossfire from the rear batts. Should I go 150 or 300....I was going to give each of my interiors a 150 amp fuse.. thank you so much for the input. I just don't want to mess this up.
on the crossfire, fuse each 4ga + with a 150 amp fuse.

on the "interior" amps or im guessing the amps that will be running ur intereor or door speakers fuse accordingly to how many and what size fuses are on the amps.

I'm think I'm goin to run a deka group 34 up front, and either 2 group 31's in the rear or 3 group 34's.......But I would need buss bars on the group 31's....the 34's would be easier to use

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.