Help please - I installed a receiver and my rear speakers have static / white noise..

EnderWill

Hi,

I'm new to these forums and I just wanted to say thanks in advance.

I installed a Sony receiver, changed my front speakers to Pioneer, and changed my rear speakers to Infinitys. Afterwards, everything was working perfectly fine. No static.

Then I decided to upgrade to the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT receiver and switched it with the Sony. Now my rear speakers have light static that's really annoying. The sound level of the static is the same throughout unless I turn the volume to 0 or the Fader to only the front speakers. I tied up the harness the same way and everything.

How can I get rid of the static? Any help would be appreciated!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

There is a slight chance that you have a defective radio or you somehow blew the rears out. The latter suggestion is not very likely since you dont mention an external amp.

What I would do is swap the connections at the back of the radio..... hook the rear speakers up to the front channels and the front speakers to the rear channels and see what happens. If the static moves to the front then a defective radio is most likely. If static stays in the rear speakers.... then bad wiring somewhere.

I securely checked all of the connections when I butt crimped them. I pulled on them and they didn't come out. Is there a way to re-check the connections without cutting the wires?

Yea, no external amp. Is there a way to switch the front and the rear speaker wires without cutting the wires? I would guess no... hahaha.

Are there any possibilities besides a defective receiver?

Thanks again for the help.

Check and make sure the wires connected to your rear speakers are not touching any metal or anything. Move them around a bit an make sure they are completely clear. I'd do the other suggestion of changing the wires from the front to back to see if it's the head unit though.

If you have an extra speaker lying around, you might take one set of the connections from the rear speakers and put it on the extra speaker to see if it makes the static sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.