engine noise in speakers

tsupra98
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
waco, tx
my buddy has engine noise coming threw his speakers since he put in his new system. he also has a pioneer deck that is running his speakers only. it never used to do it untill he ran the wires for his system. my question is if the pico fuse is blown in the deck will he get engine noise threw his speakers even if it's just his deck that is running the speakers and not an amp?

and there's no engine noise threw the sub at all only the speakers

the pico fuse issue is rca related only.. he either has a a grounded speaker wire somewhere.. my guess would be the door the terminal is touching metal.. or the ground to the radio is not very good but that would usually send the noise to everything not just the speakers

alright well i told him to try and ground the deck and see if that fixes it and also to make sure it's coming from all his speakers not just one.

I had horrible alt whine with my pioneer deck and comps when I installed an amp for the comps. Grounding the rca's to the headunit chassis fixed this problem

yea try it becuase pioneer head units **** for theyre rca noise and almost always have to be grounded

thats the thing is it's not noise threw his rca. his sub sounds fine it's only his speakers and his speakers are not being run off an amp just his deck. i told him to ground his deck again and let me know what happens.

I had horrible alt whine with my pioneer deck and comps when I installed an amp for the comps. Grounding the rca's to the headunit chassis fixed this problem
How do you ground the rca to the hu? i had a noise problem with my pioneer hu but to fix it i had to take the tip of my radio antenna and put it between my rca but now i have no radio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.