Engine noise

Horsemanwill
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Grounding the rca's IS NOT the "fix" for getting rid of it. it seems over and over every time i see someone saying they have engine noise, alt wine or some noise issue there's always at least one post saying ground the rca's.

Ever since the Pioneer pico fuse problem this is like everyone's cure all for ground noise. There are plenty of write ups on this forum that tell ppl how to trouble shoot engine noise. So instead of looking for a band aid do the surgery and get it fixed right.

Yup. I had engine noise too. It went away wen I disconected the ground of the battery that I had grounded in the rear and instead I grounded it with the front battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It never came back.

I thought the RCA ground was THE sole cause of my alt/engine noise... The sheild/ground came loose from the ends of my RCA bcause the sun heated my dash and the RCAs were cheap junk.

So ur saying that RCA cables dont need a ground in the cable ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.