F-150 Raptor enclosure

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
?

I can tell you that a tline will not be anymore efficient in that space than a sealed enclosure due to loading requirements of a tline. But definitely stick with a single driver for more enclosure room. Best bet, if possible, is to utilize a center console idea or something that will flush the floorboard with only about 5-6 inches up with a downfire idea for a single 10 or dual 8s. Limiting your potential to that space alone will cause a lot of work and investigating to make sure you get something worth the purchase.

Also, try to utilize a shallow mount design regardless of the difference in power transfer and xmax parameters, because those will be less sensitive in a truck space anyhow to the idea you want to utilize. So, get a shallow driver with around a 10mm xmax and one that allows for a smooth response in a small compression chamber, and load the hell out of it with a port, if used, to make up for low end sensitivity loss. Usually, anything that has an ebp of around 47 will do wonders in that environment, But others if calculated can get surprising results.

Best to have someone model some ideas up with different drivers to see what will work.

P.s. I'm here if you need me so pm me or email me anytime. I offer custom designs and may be able to help get one that will work in that space or offer other options when available.
This guy can help you out with any biox questions you have...

I can tell you that a tline will not be anymore efficient in that space than a sealed enclosure due to loading requirements of a tline. But definitely stick with a single driver for more enclosure room. Best bet, if possible, is to utilize a center console idea or something that will flush the floorboard with only about 5-6 inches up with a downfire idea for a single 10 or dual 8s. Limiting your potential to that space alone will cause a lot of work and investigating to make sure you get something worth the purchase.

Also, try to utilize a shallow mount design regardless of the difference in power transfer and xmax parameters, because those will be less sensitive in a truck space anyhow to the idea you want to utilize. So, get a shallow driver with around a 10mm xmax and one that allows for a smooth response in a small compression chamber, and load the hell out of it with a port, if used, to make up for low end sensitivity loss. Usually, anything that has an ebp of around 47 will do wonders in that environment, But others if calculated can get surprising results.

Best to have someone model some ideas up with different drivers to see what will work.

P.s. I'm here if you need me so pm me or email me anytime. I offer custom designs and may be able to help get one that will work in that space or offer other options when available.
Thanks for the advice! Ill look into a shallow mount 12 or maybe even a 10 depending on how big of a box I can get in there. I can take up both sides of the seat, that is not a problem. I will not set anything on the back seat nor have the box come up to the center console. I would rather loose bass than space.

I'll get back to you once I find a shallow sub that I like.

lol some body is poor and wishes they could afford a nice truck eh
Lol, somebody is dumb as hell and wishes they had the skill to maintain an older vehicle eh?

79ford.jpg

I've done some research and found out that they make a shallow mount Type R. I don't know anything about the current culture of what's hot what's not and any bandwagon stuff. I just know the Type R has always been loud as hell and they've always served me well.

Does anyone have any experience with the shallow Type R?

Lol, somebody is dumb as hell and wishes they had the skill to maintain an older vehicle eh?
79ford.jpg

I would maybe like that if my neck was red, and I beat my wife. I can see maybe if i had a mullet I'd cruise around drinking a few brews in it, but ONLY if i had a mullet.

I've done some research and found out that they make a shallow mount Type R. I don't know anything about the current culture of what's hot what's not and any bandwagon stuff. I just know the Type R has always been loud as hell and they've always served me well.
Does anyone have any experience with the shallow Type R?
Now now children. Can we stay on topic and converse about the above?

OK. It looks like I will be going with a single, 12" shallow mount Type R with an amp around 750 watts. Does anyone know if a ported box would work under the seat of a Supercrew F150?

The only thing I don't like about the Type R shallows it the price! Ouch! They are supposed to be nice though. Sundown makes a shallow sub as well. It's the SD series. Since you haven't been into the whole "audio" thing since 08' they are the new boner around town. Here's a link:Sundown Audio SD-2 12" D2 500 Watt Dual 2 Ohm SD Series

Can't tell you if these or the R's are better cause I haven't heard either in person. But the Sundowns are cheaper and they're a good company.

The type R may be better in this case due to the needed room still of the sundowns to get a flatter response curve. BUT, good catch! Great drivers also. As far as if the shallows WILL work, OP, its design dependent and needs to be figured for DURING a design process if you are really looking to get it right.

I can tell just from reading in the past 24 hours that Sundown is the new thing. reminds me of RE back in the 06 or so day. I can get the shallow Type R for around 250 shipped so I think I will go for that.

Mobile Enclosures, could you design me a ported box for under the seat of a supercrew F150?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.