F150 ext cab box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

kpozr2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm looking to help my buddy make a ported enclosure that fits under the back seat of his ext cab F150. i think its like a 99' stepside. I know you can lift up the seats a little with spacers to get more room for a box. Does anyone have any pics, experience, or ideas that could help me out?

Not much room under these seats and it isn't like a chevy that has a "hanging" seat... It has a metal structure... Even if you lift them a little bit, there still isn't going to be a whole lot of depth. Factory depth (before 1.5 inch for mdf) is about 7 inches. So the 1.5 + room for the woofer to "breath" really makes it hard to get woofage under the seats. The best luck I have had is removing the jump seat on the driver side (i'm assuming it's the same in 99) and building a box that fits there while still maintaining the two seats beside it. I can get a picture of my one 10 tomorrow, but really it's not much to look at... but I did have a 3 10 box in the same space that worked decently well.

boxxes081.jpg

boxxes086.jpg

****, me likes... got any pics with the seat down?? It looks like you just removed the metal piece (does it not have a support cage?? Don't know with out being able to look at it)... Do you remember the mounting depth?? overall volume?? **** I like that! Where'd you go with the amps??

EDIT.. just noticed that is a 4 door... hmmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.