faulkton= bad trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion has changed and I'm settling in the middle. Both parties have valid reasoning and I have come down to say that:

1. Packaging should have been better. People skimp out on shipping material because they're going to have to pay more out of their pocket and lose money, there is a solution to that, include it as part of the shipping price, there is nothing wrong with that. Simply defined, shipping costs are the costs involved to ship an item, well the box, materials used are all part of shipping costs. Personally, I rarely change because 1) I know how it is to have to pay more and 2) I go to a box store and see if they have any boxes or shipping material I can take since they are going to throw them away and they never turn me down.

My next alternative is Wal-Mart. Boxes are no more than $1.50 - $2 and you can get foam noodles for the pool for $1.50 each (don't buy the thick ones since those are nearly $4 and you can get 2 of the thinner ones (still plenty sufficient) and it's cheaper and it's more cushion. There's a variety of methods to package things, it all depends on what you're shipping. To support the bottom, a couple layers of cardboard is a good idea, even on the top might be a good idea. The foam noodles really help. THICK brown paper crumbled up to fill crevices helps as well. Packing peanuts help if you need to fill up several inches of space. Air bubbles are not sufficient. It's up to the SELLER to make sure they package their items well and if you want security, take pictures of steps you took during shipping so in a situation like this you have pictures to prove it was not the shipping companies fault. A final and effective method is to double box. Find a box that is almost exactly the same size as what you are shipping, but the item in there, and then package that box into another box.

2. The buyer should be more cooperative in this case. The seller has made attempts to work things out and not many people would offer to pay for half the cost. I do not know who should be contacting the shipping company for an insurance claim, I always that it was the seller's duty, but it may be different. Never been there, don't know.

3. Realize this sorta of stuff ruin's one reputation, regardless of whether or not everything is solved.

Again, both parties could have done better on their ends. Simply put, if you want to make it work out, do it.

I wasnt going to say anything but i found this post funny. I bought the game cube off of the same for sale thread. I paid $45 even after he dropped the price to $40. No refund, just a smart comment "i thought it was a tip". $5 bucks.. whatever i didnt care. Received the game cube.. dusty as described.. ok cool but sticky too?! all the game boxes included?.. yes... all the games.. no. several of the game boxes had missing discs. add insult to injury the controller was bitten to shits by what I would assume are dog teeth marks. Ill never purchase from this clown again, but hey at least it was a cheap mistake.
Thats crazy cuz like I said I bought the PS2 and Digi Cam from the same for sale thread and all my stuff came fine. the PS2 was kinda dusty too but all games were in the boxes and besides the cam case smelling like smoke i was very happy with the smooth transaction

I wasnt going to say anything but i found this post funny. I bought the game cube off of the same for sale thread. I paid $45 even after he dropped the price to $40. No refund, just a smart comment "i thought it was a tip". $5 bucks.. whatever i didnt care. Received the game cube.. dusty as described.. ok cool but sticky too?! all the game boxes included?.. yes... all the games.. no. several of the game boxes had missing discs. add insult to injury the controller was bitten to shits by what I would assume are dog teeth marks. Ill never purchase from this clown again, but hey at least it was a cheap mistake.
you over paid me because you're stupid. You messaged me one day saying you wanted it, i gave you my paypal and never heard back from you. Then THREE days later you just randomly send payment without contacting me or checking the thread to see if i still had it or had lowered the price.

And i don't believe you that the games weren't there, thats just a lie because if the games were missing i think you would have msg'ed me before now.

One of the controllers probably had seen better days but come on, you got a gamecube, like a dozen games and two controllers for $40 shipped.

stfu you whiner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

nutxo

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
nutxo
tacoma
Start date