Fi Neo prototype anyone?

At this point money should no longer be an issue for Fi, whether it be paying to develop proprietary baskets or whatever. And I'm not saying there's something "wrong" with a 12 spoke basket, but a subwoofer company that's continuously growing should eventually put some money into making their subs physically different than the dozens of other companies out there.
And this applies to several other companies as well. I'm not picking on Fi alone...
This motor design is very different I would say, would probably sell a large percentage just based on looks alone. But don't forget, they do have another basket that is not currently being used in the Fi line up, I think you know what I am talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

This motor design is very different I would say. Same goes for the SMD driver they are building too. But don't forget, they do have another basket that is not currently being used, I think you know what I am talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I don't know what you're talking about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

At this point money should no longer be an issue for Fi, whether it be paying to develop proprietary baskets or whatever. And I'm not saying there's something "wrong" with a 12 spoke basket, but a subwoofer company that's continuously growing should eventually put some money into making their subs physically different than the dozens of other companies out there.
And this applies to several other companies as well. I'm not picking on Fi alone...
Fuc that. I'd rather they don't.

This motor design is very different I would say, would probably sell a large percentage just based on looks alone. But don't forget, they do have another basket that is not currently being used in the Fi line up, I think you know what I am talking about. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Yes, I know what you're talking about. They should've used it here, man.

Yes, I know what you're talking about. They should've used it here, man.
Very possible they still could, Scott & Nick did say this was a prototype. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I personally like the original basket.. I dont see any problem with that same basket?? But Im sure if you guys got enough input then they would produce something different.

They've already stated, many times, that they will not use the purchased TC style frame on an Fi product. You guys can beat your drums every few months about it if you want, but I doubt you will change their minds. And I have no idea why everyone is talking all hush hush about the TC basket, its public info that they own it.

As for a proprietary frame to set them apart from the other manufacturers, that is EXACTLY JL Audio's business model, and what do you all do about JL Audio? Bitch about their prices. You guys can say you expect a custom basket now, but I bet you'll be the first ones to complain if Fi did it and raised their prices to cover more and more proprietary parts that have no difference other than aesthetic.

Hell, JL Audio is not even the best example, the same people at Fi tried your idea, proprietary baskets. Massive, beautiful, capable of massive excursion. What am I talking about? The 06 RE XXX and MX. Yeah, those models, and their prices, really went over well with this crowd, right?

I dont think some of you realize the consequences of some of your requests/expectations.

personally i'd rather have have the good ol 12 spoke basket. easier/cheaper to find one if you ever needed a new one for some reason than if you have some custom tooled job.

The 12 spoke does it's job. Why change somethng that you already have( keep costs down for them and you ) for cosmetics only and raise prices to do it ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

They've already stated, many times, that they will not use the purchased TC style frame on an Fi product. You guys can beat your drums every few months about it if you want, but I doubt you will change their minds. And I have no idea why everyone is talking all hush hush about the TC basket, its public info that they own it.
As for a proprietary frame to set them apart from the other manufacturers, that is EXACTLY JL Audio's business model, and what do you all do about JL Audio? Bitch about their prices. You guys can say you expect a custom basket now, but I bet you'll be the first ones to complain if Fi did it and raised their prices to cover more and more proprietary parts that have no difference other than aesthetic.

Hell, JL Audio is not even the best example, the same people at Fi tried your idea, proprietary baskets. Massive, beautiful, capable of massive excursion. What am I talking about? The 06 RE XXX and MX. Yeah, those models, and their prices, really went over well with this crowd, right?

I dont think some of you realize the consequences of some of your requests/expectations.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.