Fiberglass pods.. First time..

Participant count
  • Participant list

miker
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Wayzata, MN
Well, fiberglass *****, especially that stupid mat. Well this is my first time so it's probably not a very good job, and and tips or anything is great.

I'm doing the bas right now as you can see, my question is. How thick should it be?

(shitty phone pics btw:crap:)

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

DSC00765.jpg

You want the base to be strong so that it doesnt warp when it is removed or being wrapped. I say you make it thick enough to were you feel confident it will keep its shape when removed and then add a layer or two to that...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Of course not bro, I'm having my car transported to you for install.. You are the only person I would let touch my car on the planet.. Should be...
No reason you couldn't just glue a ring of plywood up under there then paint it with some bedliner or plasti-dip or similar to keep the elements...
Yahoo used to have an awesome fiberglassing forum, but it's gone now.
I may end up buying the new CDT ES-08 Plus and running customspeakerpods.com 8" speaker pod.
DIYMA is a car audio forum and 1000 times more busier then here. Just ask in the general forum for someone who makes custom pillars. I know a...

About this thread

miker

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
miker
Wayzata, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date