First install issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
I just finished installing my first head unit ever, and I think i did pretty **** well. I have two problems: The head unit won't stay "back" and flush with the mounting kit, instead it floats about 1/4 inch out. I can push on it an itll go in but when i release it goes back out. Last, it will only play HD radio. I cant play audio through a usb stick, but it shows the song and artist info and even has the song timer going. BT audio is the same story, only it shows that its on bt audio. The unit is a Kenwood KDC-BT852HD

Any help?

I just finished installing my first head unit ever, and I think i did pretty **** well. I have two problems: The head unit won't stay "back" and flush with the mounting kit, instead it floats about 1/4 inch out. I can push on it an itll go in but when i release it goes back out. Last, it will only play HD radio. I cant play audio through a usb stick, but it shows the song and artist info and even has the song timer going. BT audio is the same story, only it shows that its on bt audio. The unit is a Kenwood KDC-BT852HD
Any help?
- Was this HU purchased BRAND NEW? Sounds to me like you either have the wrong basket, or no basket at all... Are you running amps to your speakers? If so, you likely have your remote wire hooked up wrong which is why you only get sound via the tuner...

Fold the little tabs up on the basket behind the mounting kit and it will stay in place. Hard to explain but should be fairly easy to figure out.

Alright, so i had to connect my 12v turn on to my power antenna wire on my harness, works now and sounds ******* amazing. I taped up the wires extremely tight, and now the head unit goes almost all the way in but doesnt stick

- Was this HU purchased BRAND NEW? Sounds to me like you either have the wrong basket, or no basket at all... Are you running amps to your speakers? If so, you likely have your remote wire hooked up wrong which is why you only get sound via the tuner...
The remote wire was the problem, thanks alot man. I tightened up the wires and now the unit almost sits flush, but is there any way to secure it? it slides out really easily

The remote wire was the problem, thanks alot man. I tightened up the wires and now the unit almost sits flush, but is there any way to secure it? it slides out really easily
- glad you got it working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif - Your basket needs to be secured to your dash mounting kit, and the HU needs to lock into the basket... Bend the tabs on the basket to mount it to the mount kit, then bend the tabs inward on the sides towards the space the HU occupies in the basket - the hu will still push them out of the way as you slide it in, and it should lock into those tabs...

- glad you got it working //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif - Your basket needs to be secured to your dash mounting kit, and the HU needs to lock into the basket... Bend the tabs on the basket to mount it to the mount kit, then bend the tabs inward on the sides towards the space the HU occupies in the basket - the hu will still push them out of the way as you slide it in, and it should lock into those tabs...
How much should i bend it so I can get it out without much effort? In a few months im going to be upgrading my speakers and amps, then eventually adding a sub

How much should i bend it so I can get it out without much effort? In a few months im going to be upgrading my speakers and amps, then eventually adding a sub
- There are tools you can get cheap that will release the lock tabs from the radio to the basket for easy removal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (Most HU's come with them in the box)

- There are tools you can get cheap that will release the lock tabs from the radio to the basket for easy removal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (Most HU's come with them in the box)
Oh yeah those things... i better have not thrown them out haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.