Foam surround repair ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mass Car Audio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
I have a couple of subs that have cracks in the foam surround. What would you guy recommend to use for a good repair job ?

I usually use silicone or silicone adhesive but was thinking there should be something better I can use.

if they are cracked they need to be replaced cause you fix the crack it will happen somewhere else
They cracked because of a installation mistake I made. I had them inverted and the hole was a little to small for the surround.

I will just use some silicone until I get new surrounds for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Mineral wool is another nice dammned good insulation fire proof. Prob same as the Rock wool mentioned. that stuff will last forever
Things happen. It will be a story you can tell him and laugh about when he gets older. Kids around speakers = damaged speakers. I had a yard...
thank you for the quick reply ,I contacted LordofBass and the part is backordered but I'm on a waiting list Cheers:)
Working with undersized material, adjusting on the fly, testing before setting; you sound like and old pro. You are as meticulous as alot of the...
Not all 3 have same issue. Was just giving an example of the issues Each one has its own issue Yes I did replace rca cables and swapped left and...

About this thread

Mass Car Audio

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Mass Car Audio
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date