Focal Polyglass 165 v2 6v2s 6.5, how owns them?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i like the alpines. they sound good to me. but i tried some SQ events this year and the judges said that my front speakers are holding me back. here is what i have. I'm trying to buy front componet used for $150. do you think that there is better out there for that price? I'm trying to find a great speaker at a good price. i love a speaker with great clear highs and the tight bass. the alpines to me seem to have 95% of that covered, but there is just abit missing. so what other brands should i be looking at?

Head unit Alpine INA-W900BT

Front Alpine SPR-60C 6-1/2" Component 2-Way Speaker System

Rear Alpine SPR-60 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set 61/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set

Alpine PDX-5 4 Channel Power + Mono Power Amplifier

Alpine 12” type “s” subwoofer in a sealed box

Alpine's PXA-H701 audio processor

i like the alpines. they sound good to me. but i tried some SQ events this year and the judges said that my front speakers are holding me back. here is what i have. I'm trying to buy front componet used for $150. do you think that there is better out there for that price? I'm trying to find a great speaker at a good price. i love a speaker with great clear highs and the tight bass. the alpines to me seem to have 95% of that covered, but there is just abit missing. so what other brands should i be looking at?
Head unit Alpine INA-W900BT

Front Alpine SPR-60C 6-1/2" Component 2-Way Speaker System

Rear Alpine SPR-60 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set 61/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set

Alpine PDX-5 4 Channel Power + Mono Power Amplifier

Alpine 12” type “s” subwoofer in a sealed box

Alpine's PXA-H701 audio processor
did the judge say exactly what was lacking in your front stage? ie midbass, midrange, highs? reason I'm asking is because you very well may be able to work with the install of your current speakers and make them sound alot better. instead of simply buying new speakers in the same install (which in most cases wont really help the problem the way you'd think)

they just said that it was lacking the full sound that other cars had. i thought the alpine h701 would help with that. i guess not. i wish i could find somebody to tune it better.

Id start by making sure your doors are properly sealed and deadened ( a necessary step whether u change speakers or not).

Another thing that helped me too was time alignment between left and right side. You'd be surprised how much more sound you will actually hear by delaying your sound. Will also help u center your sound stage better.

i'm having trouble finding info about focal utopia 6w2. are they better than the Focal Polyglass 165 v2 6v2s. i cant find a page that list the difference.

my doors are sealed. and the time alignment is set up. the h701 come with a mic and does it for you.

i'm having trouble finding info about focal utopia 6w2. are they better than the Focal Polyglass 165 v2 6v2s. i cant find a page that list the difference.
my doors are sealed. and the time alignment is set up. the h701 come with a mic and does it for you.
yes the utopia is better than the polyglass. supposedly alot better from reviews.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.