Ford Focus help (urgent)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tek18
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
KY
Hello,

i'm installing a new headunit into a 2009 Ford Focus and i completely forgot to purchase a wiring harness, so we go to the audio store to pick one up fast and the guy there says we need a $130 adapter otherwise we will have check engine lights messed up etc.

I have noticed that the passanger seat belt light is on when i have it on, and also there is no temperature where there use to be showing how hot/cold it was.

so the question is.

A. Do i need this adapter?

B. where can i get the harness?

thanks

ps.

this is what he said we needed

HARNESS METRA XSVI-5520-NAV Install your new car stereo using the existing factory wiring and connectors In some Ford / Lincoln / Mercury vehicles there are no 12 volt accessory wires in the factory harness. The XSVI-5520-NAV is designed to provide a

if we dont get that and just go straight harness, what are we missing?

talked to a guy on crutchfield and we need a " PAC system? " PAC Ford Radio Replacement Interface Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2005-up Ford-built vehicles (model C2R-FRD1) at Crutchfield.com

where can we get one cheaper?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

talked to a guy on crutchfield and we need a " PAC system? " PAC Ford Radio Replacement Interface Allows aftermarket radio installation in select 2005-up Ford-built vehicles (model C2R-FRD1) at Crutchfield.com

where can we get one cheaper?

yep, kinda screwed on that one. Have to do the same for newer GM/Chevys. lots of newer cars are this way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.