Fusion amps overrated?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im thinking about ordering one on ebay...its a PowerPlant 2000.1. Heres the specs. What im wondering is if these amps do rated? In a month i can get a P1000 rockford for the same price, but i dont feel like waiting that long. I Searched and couldnt find anyone that had tried one, but it looks like a beast amp. Anyone have one?

Frequency Response (-3dB) - 20hz - 350hz

40A x 3 Fuse Rating

20K Input Impedance

0.2V - 8V Input sensitivity

Max Power Rating (Watts) - 2000

600 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohms

900 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohms

1000 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 1 Ohm

Well I don't have personal experience with this amp. But my friends do and they so don't put out near the power... At least not without a line driver. they have to turn the gains wide open to get anything out of them. They for sure aren't impressed

So in that case theyre actually better than the rockford p1000 as they do more power then, plus theyre a true class D. I never understood why rockford stuck with the B/D topography for their amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Im gonna see what some other people say and then order me one. Will this do fine off 1 run of 4g wire you think? Gonna run it at 2 ohms for a while till i upgrade my alt.

So in that case theyre actually better than the rockford p1000 as they do more power then, plus theyre a true class D. I never understood why rockford stuck with the B/D topography for their amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Im gonna see what some other people say and then order me one. Will this do fine off 1 run of 4g wire you think? Gonna run it at 2 ohms for a while till i upgrade my alt.
Yes.

Well I don't have personal experience with this amp. But my friends do and they so don't put out near the power... At least not without a line driver. they have to turn the gains wide open to get anything out of them. They for sure aren't impressed
Is this a fact? The preouts on my pioneer are 4-6 volt i dont remember which, i hate getting mixed opinions on something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Is this a fact? The preouts on my pioneer are 4-6 volt i dont remember which, i hate getting mixed opinions on something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I don't know the amps personally, but I'd take the opinion of one that says it was tested, over one that says their "friends didn't have it work well".

More likely than anything the friends just didn't know enough. Or thought their subs should be louder than they can really go. Not to mention, where you set the gains at doesn't matter, it's just the reference point to get the right amount of power due to input voltage, which obviously varies based on input voltage. Chances are the line driver just needs to have it's gains cranked up a bit higher.

My friend has a powerplant 2000.1 and it can get his 2 CVT 12" stinky.

I don't think it does 1k at 12v though maybe 800wrms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.