Gas Cap Locks

if u have to buy a gas cap with a lock on it to prevent your gas from being siphoned, that's fuccing ghetto. LOL. but i guess if thats the thing in your neighborhood.. beware though, i am a smog technician over here in california, and have noticed that gas cap with locks on them tend to fail the gas cap functional test more-so than the regular ones. you dont have to worry about that if u dont have to get a smog check every year like us californians do though..

Ive heard that some thieves just pick the lock and get your gas anyway. Go figure.

Well obviously someone who is uber-desperate will get in, but it acts as a deterent. That's like saying that locks on car doors aren't useful because a theif can just break a window and get in.

My friend has a locking gas cap, and it seems pretty solid. It wasn't expensive either. I plan to get one when I remember next time I'm at a car parts store.

The lock is not separate from the gas cap itself, like a pad lock. It is built into the gas cap with a small key to lock and unlock. There is nothing ghetto about it. They sell them in any auto parts stores nationwide, even Wal-Mart.

They sell 'breathable vented' ones also.

The lock is not separate from the gas cap itself, like a pad lock. It is built into the gas cap with a small key to lock and unlock. There is nothing ghetto about it. They sell them in any auto parts stores nationwide, even Wal-Mart.
They sell 'breathable vented' ones also.

I think he was refering to the fact the you would need to lock your gas cap as being "fuccing ghetto".

I think he was refering to the fact the you would need to lock your gas cap as being "fuccing ghetto".

It can happen anywhere. Like I always say: "It is better to be safe than sorry".//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I think everyone can agree that the gas $ situation is becoming desperate and some will do anything to get gas. This new hurricane Rita will be hitting Texas where many oil refineries are. I have heard if they get hit hard this weekend, look for maybe $4 to $5 per gallon!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I remeber when Katrina hit. My mom went to fill up her gas tank. While she was doing that some man was stealing the sales associate gas right out of her car while she was behind the counter. That's ghetto. I'm also thinking of getting the gas cap with lock in it. The one you put on your gas door is useless.

my car's gas cap locks by itself! In order to open it the key has to be in the ignition and you have to pull a lever by the drivers side seat.

I know that doesnt help you... maybe buy a 1988 Taurus wagon?

Heard about the guys siphoning directly from the fuel tanks? They would drive up in a cargo van, park over the inlet. Act as if they had a flat and run a hose down in to the tanks. Had a container in the van filling up. Hit I think 20 gas stations before getting cought.

Funny stuff. Good way to make some extra money. The new contraband gasoline.

Heard about the guys siphoning directly from the fuel tanks? They would drive up in a cargo van, park over the inlet. Act as if they had a flat and run a hose down in to the tanks. Had a container in the van filling up. Hit I think 20 gas stations before getting cought.
Funny stuff. Good way to make some extra money. The new contraband gasoline.

Yeah. ****ing hilarious. It makes gas so much cheaper for everyone else when people steal. Good one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.