Gayest ebay response I ever received

tsenfw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Norwalk, CT
Cliffs: Some guy tells me he blew out his front windshield with 1000watts.

Asked the seller if the amp was 1ohm stable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120291448586&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Got confused because ampguts says it's a 1 channel amp but this ones seems to be 2 channel.

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/USAmps_DE-1000/

He replies with this:

According to the US amps Manual stable down to 1.5 ohms, and that's it. Has the same voltage rail as a 2000X and is factory rated at 1000Watts per channel RMS@2ohm load. several amps can be tied in series Master/Slave etc. Same setup I had. Don't really understand why a 1 ohm load, mabe needed for cheap amps, but not this one. I didn't have a problem launching my windshield out of the truck with these. And the gains were only 3/4. Cost my insurance company about $300 for the windshield, and $2500.00 for the airbags, **** thing thought it been in an accident. They later dropped my insurance. Running amps at 1 ohm breaks them, everyone I know stopped doing it, cheaper to convert to a 16.8 volt system, the amp really comes into it's own at this voltage, and the RMS values really soar.Dan

unless the windshield hit his front bumper i doubt the air bags deployed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Its also funny how whenever somebody tries to sell old amps they say things like

, "US Amps don't make them anymore, all the new stuff is assembly line crap, not hand made.........These amps were made when US Amps was tryin to make a name for themselves, to compete at all the shows, everything about this amp and others made around the time this one was crafted, was all the stops were pulled out and the extreme was the norm....... "

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tsenfw

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tsenfw
Norwalk, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date