Getting the thing into the hole...

jmgb4
10+ year member

Well this weekend I built a pretty big box and massive port. The box is tuned to 32hz and about 19 inches per cubic foot of port area. Anyway here is my issue - I had to build the box inside the trunk, no biggie its in there now. I let it sit for a day to allow the glue to dry before I tried to put the woofer in. Now I go to put the woofer in today and I cant man handle it into place. I had two people in the back seat with me and we still couldn't do it. Any suggestions? I will post a picture here in a little bit but shrug. We tried building like a ramp for it, bracing... so far nothing... The dc level 5 15 is a BEAST!

What I am thinking is screwing a ring to the woofer and then screwing the ring onto the box.. that's about it for my ideas though. If that doesn't work then I don't know.

sounds like you need some stronger friends. or to start working out.

btw, did you forget to leave enough room to get the sub into the box. or is your trunk getting in the way. and 80 pound sub isnt that hard to handle.

also if you can you could just cut a hole in one panel or take one off and hold the sub from the inside to get it mounted.

or build a flush mount panel for the front that will help to hold it in place.

sounds like you need some stronger friends. or to start working out.
btw, did you forget to leave enough room to get the sub into the box. or is your trunk getting in the way. and 80 pound sub isnt that hard to handle.

also if you can you could just cut a hole in one panel or take one off and hold the sub from the inside to get it mounted.

or build a flush mount panel for the front that will help to hold it in place.
Yeah thats what we tried to do. First we though we cut the hole wrong but on the DC site it says 14 inches.. We triple checked the hole and its good. We always get one side just off... I think from now on I am going to screw the sub into the face plate before mounting the face plate onto the box. Pictures on their way in about 20 minutes - cell died.

Hold it at 2, 4, and 10 o'clock. (I'm assuming you have a friend so I'm counting two hands.) Use your free hand to drill the first screw most the way through. (Don't make it tight yet.) Then move your fingers slowly up and away from the inside of the sub, so you can press towards the top and screw in #2. After that, it will be easy to slowly screw in each screw, and circle the sub tightening each screw, that should push it the rest of the way in for you.

Hold it at 2, 4, and 10 o'clock. (I'm assuming you have a friend so I'm counting two hands.) Use your free hand to drill the first screw most the way through. (Don't make it tight yet.) Then move your fingers slowly up and away from the inside of the sub, so you can press towards the top and screw in #2. After that, it will be easy to slowly screw in each screw, and circle the sub tightening each screw, that should push it the rest of the way in for you.

Big bass is sooo worth it:)

I would have something on the outside under the lip of the sub(piece of wood) and a buddy to help steady it.

ya it's heavy but you can do it.....

just be dang careful you don't slip with the drill and murder the surround.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.