Go Active or Get Deadener

th3disturbed1
10+ year member

I'm pretty happy with the way my system sounds as it stands minus some panel rattle. Currently I have my components running off an amplifier.

Would my money be better spent on some sound deadener or on a head unit such as the 880PRS?

I would have to get another amplifier for my tweeters, and I would assume ditch the rear fill from the headunit.

I'm just looking for opinions since I'm way past all of my friends knowledge at this point.

If I do go with sound deadener, is Damplifier Pro much better than regular Damplifier?

I would say get deadner. Also pioneer ***** from not just my prospective but form a lot of peoples. If you want to change your head unit go with a alpine 9887. The pro is a bit thicker and will be more cost efficient.

If it were me I would get the 880prs. The deck alone will make your stereo sound that much better. Deadener is something you need for sure though. Going active isn't going to make your comps sound any better honestly. Its what you can do with the active capabilities of the deck once you know how they work that will make it sound better.

As for pioneer ******* that is a whole other can of worms. The only issue I have with Pioneer is their pico fuse, but that aside I would consider their 880prs to be the best bang for buck deck to come out in a LONG time.

I would say get deadner. Also pioneer ***** from not just my prospective but form a lot of peoples. If you want to change your head unit go with a alpine 9887. The pro is a bit thicker and will be more cost efficient.
who is the "perepectives" you refer too i gotta see this!!

tell all the sq people that win with pioneer and eclipse that , they will slap the retard out of you quick lolz

the prs is 1 of the most sought after decks especially for going active lol

op deadener is always a must for the best sq from any mid period and fact

active is just that much better

who is the "perepectives" you refer too i gotta see this!!tell all the sq people that win with pioneer and eclipse that , they will slap the retard out of you quick lolz

the prs is 1 of the most sought after decks especially for going active lol

op deadener is always a must for the best sq from any mid period and fact

active is just that much better
Right here, pioneers quality has gone to ****. Poor quality and reliability. Just not my opinion either but many. You say they are sought after? Ya sought after to replace after getting one.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424223

Deadener for sure. But the Pioneer 880prs is not anywhere close to "****". Deadener will make a more significant impact, if done correctly of course.

so 4 or 5 people?

lol ok

just cuz you dont know how to install a deck and fry the pico fuse isnt the decks fault

you would get the same hate response with any other brand as well no one says how great something is very often but they will always bash something if it didnt do what they wanted.

i sell both alpine and pioneer i get more failed alpines mostly due to transports breaking than all others combined that i sell, does that mean they are garbage too?

That 880prs is going to sound 10x better than his current deck. That is why I said the deck first. Not to mention the auto eq/time alignment/ tuning feature. Although not perfect, it is a very good starting point.

I'm pretty happy with the way my system sounds as it stands minus some panel rattle. Currently I have my components running off an amplifier.
Would my money be better spent on some sound deadener or on a head unit such as the 880PRS?

I would have to get another amplifier for my tweeters, and I would assume ditch the rear fill from the headunit.

I'm just looking for opinions since I'm way past all of my friends knowledge at this point.

If I do go with sound deadener, is Damplifier Pro much better than regular Damplifier?

You're gonna need a 4 channel to go along with the 880 if you're looking to do active. It is a great HU though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.