good 8 ohm speakers for around $50 or so...

Do you need the crossovers as well? Since you need 8ohm speakers, take a look Parts Express. There are plenty of 8 ohm speakers, but they're raw, there is no passive crossover. PE does have passives, but they're generic. I have no idea how they'll work with particular speakers you buy. I believe their Dayton Reference (very good SQ, reference level quality) woofers and tweeters cost around $50 a pop. The Dayton Classic woofers and tweeters as well as a few others are much cheaper.

I run all Selenium, but also like Eminence, AQ, and the PE mids.

Why so many different sizes? I'd do less mids but go bigger. 4 8's, 2 10's, or 2 12's per door would be very loud. Normally 1 supertweeter per 2 mids...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It also lowers the amps efficiency and raises the current draw.
I don't think it's that easy to answer "for a complete beginner". amp and speakers ratings are those peak or RMS? Are these already installed...
What is the impedance of each set of terminals,assuming they represent each of the two dual voice coil subs (4 coils total)? How many sets of +/-...
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for...
Brand new 210 shipped TECHNICAL INFORMATION OPERATION CLASSClass D NUMBER OF CHANNELS01 MAXIMUM POWER@ 12.6 VDC - 1 OHM: 3000W RMS @ 12.6 VDC -...

About this thread

Heavy hittin

10+ year member
Heavy hittin
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from