good bass in Standard cab S10

Participant count
  • Participant list

manb3ast

I am new here and have been trying to get some good bass in a standard cab S10. Right now I have a Skar Audio VD-8 which is actually pretty good if listening to rap/crap. I listen to metal and whatever you want to call bands like Of Mice & Men and Attila. I am VERY limited on mounting depth and box volume. Any suggestions? I also had a Kenwood 12 in a probox that wasn't too bad but I lost a lot of leg room.

I have spent over $300 worth of mdf on trying to figure it out. I did the calculations through various programs and they all sound like crap. Sealed is a little better but still have a HUGE peak

I have spent over $300 worth of mdf on trying to figure it out. I did the calculations through various programs and they all sound like crap. Sealed is a little better but still have a HUGE peak
How much space are you working with ? If the sealed box was to peaky. Then it was prolly to small

right off hand I think the box is about 16x10x5 with 3/4 mdf. The sub max's out on bass drum kicks but rocks on something like 2Pac. The specs call for something like .30 or something like that but when I model it I get something like .14 cf.

what would it be if a I added one or two more? I am out of ideas. I really dont know how to use the modeling software I have a Kicker 750 amp at the moment will buy bigger if needed.

1997 S10

4 Skar VD-8 Dual 2 ohms on a SK1500.1

It's loud and clean and just lost 2 clicks on my seat, so i'm pretty happy with my new system

IMAG0235_zps3c1e8f6f.jpg

IMAG0227_zps240829ed.jpg

IMAG0229_zps98561e27.jpg

good flat sound comes from a sub with enough airspace. What mylows suggested is good. The direction where the port is facing is important too I'd do a side port a few inches away from the side to properly load off something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.