Got a couple of ?'s

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheSpeakerMan
10+ year member

Knockin Pics Of da Wall
Ok i just got my system installed today and it is really good gives me a headache which is good. Well anyways i was bumpin and my amp went into protection mode. Does it just go out of protection after a set amount of time? The install place mounted the amp on the back of the box and i heard dont put it like that cuz it will get hot. So im wondering will it get hot because its on the back of the box like that? Also i need to set my gains and was wondering where i can get a dmm?

No it doesnt go into protection after a set amount of time. It goes into protect after it gets hot or it will go into protect immediatly if something is not hooked up right. It will usually get hot cause its overworking or the ohm load its getting is too low.

its probably going into protect mode because of the heat that its producing. its also probably producing that much heat because if its give you head aches it turned way too high.

no i wasnt asking if it went into protection after a set time. I was asking if it went out of protection after a set time. I just drove up the street and it was out of protection so i answered my own ? Only other question is if it got hot because of how it is mounted?

Gain setting tutorial FTW....your probably clipping the **** out of your amp....You can find a DMM at any hardware store i would imagine...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TheSpeakerMan

10+ year member
Knockin Pics Of da Wall
TheSpeakerMan
Conway, AR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date