Got My Sundown SD3 10" D2 from Car Audio Bargain B Stock

Participant count
  • Participant list

ltcharles

Okay well as you may know I was wanting input from you guys on what to get to replace 2 8" subs. I liked the SD3 and went with your guy’s advice. Though since this sub eventually will go in a hidden compartment of my SUV. I decided to give Car Audio Bargain a shot as they sell B Stock items. This will serve as a mini review on CAB and pics of what you may get.

It was killing me that they don't post images of their inventory to show what the condition of the item is in. Heck how do we know that the face of the sub is not all scratched up or just a really looking sub.

Anyways since I am going to hide this I pulled the trigger and ordered it. on May 24th aroun1pm PST.

Car Audio Bargain had free shipping or you could pick 5-day ground for an extra fee. I opted for free thinking they would send it DHL or USPS. Though they sent it FedEx ground.

My order was placed on May 24th and CAB did not ship it out until May 26th or they scheduled a Pick up that day. The label was created on May 24th. It seems to me they don't ship same day or you may not be a priority if you opt for the free shipping.

So I get the sub on 06/02 and I was already expecting the worst a massive gash somewhere. Come to my surprise there was nothing wrong with the sub except scratches at the bottom of the magnet. I was very happy with the packaging and the quality of the item. Let me just say that I agree with others who state that the Sundown SD3 is heavy. Everything about the sub is stellar and the only con is that like others have stated in Amazon reviews the sub is a little chunky. So it will not fit a standard 10 in sub box. I had to sand down hole opening to fit the sub just right. This really is not a con just be prepared to alter your box if you already have a pre-built one. Otherwise measure and make your router cuts to SD specs.

Once plugged in I was beyond happy with the performance of the sub. The lows are amazing for my taste. I got what I wanted and that was to feel the bass in my chest harder than the 8" subs and I got it and more. Its loud enough that that the car next to may hear it but not loud enough where you are going to wake up neighbors. All in all, I am so happy with the sub and once this gets put in its final resting spot I may order another one so they are running at 2ohm's and not 4ohm's.

Car Audio Bargain:

Pros: You get a deal on subs that are not 100% pretty.

Cons: Shipping is not same day like most bigger Ecommerce stores or WoofersEtc. Communication via email is horrible as I sent an email to inquire about when they would ship item. I never got a call or a reply back. Could be they don't monitor emails. Then again I should have called though I was in no hurry. Still though almost 2 weeks and not email. Bad if you ask me. Customer service is huge for me. I rather spent the extra money I saved for a new A stock from a company that responds promptly. Oh and like I said above no real picture of the item in B-stock just a stock picture from Sundown Audio.

Sundown SD3 10 D2:

Pros: Everything just love it

Cons: hummmm none that I can think of right now.

20160602_140738.jpg

20160602_140829.jpg

20160602_140857.jpg

20160602_140957.jpg

20160602_141109.jpg

20160602_141347.jpg

20160602_141400.jpg

20160602_141538.jpg

20160602_141533.jpg

Once the box was trimmed down to make room for sub

20160603_003820.jpg

Box Specs:

·10 inches Woofer Hole is 9.125 inches in Diameter

·Built-in Terminal with Gold Screw Posts

·Fits Mostly All Trucks

·Constructed with High Quality 3/4 in MDF Hardwood

·Enclosure Volume is .7 Cubic Feet

·Height 15 inches x Length 19.25 inches x Top Depth 5.75 inches x Bottom Depth 7.375 inches

·Speaker Mounting Depth is: 5.125 inches

·14 Pounds

·The Front (where the woofers loaded) is Slanted and the Back is Flat

all your questions like what carrier is used, when do you ship , and more ?'s found on their FAQ page .

FAQ

so if you had read that , maybe there would be no cons to report

glad it worked out for you

Thx I did read that though at check out it actually had an option for fedex ground at extra. Then 2 day 3 day and so on. So when you click free shipping figured they use some other carrier is all.

Like i said not really a con on the shipping con is mostly on the company not returning emails. Then again I did say I should have called but again I was in no rush or concerned.

Yes I am happy with the results of the sub and would do business again with CAB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ltcharles

ltcharles
Orange County, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ltcharles