Grounding Issue?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone. Recently I changed my ground to clean up wires and built a new box. With the new setup my electrical seems to be in HORRIBLE shape. My lights used to dim, and the bass would hit hard. This setup was run at 1 ohm, pulling about 1500 rms. Now, my lights and even amp lights (Hifonics) dims extremely. The bass isnt as loud, but I also tuned my box lower so I expected it some, but not this much. Even running on 4 ohms, 600ish rms, the lights dim bad still. I wonder this to be a grounding issue, or simply just electrical. By alt is charging strong (14.5v) and my battery is a constant 12.9 not running. I havent done big 3 but will when I order lugs. Thanks guys.

NOTE: When I put new ground on, I filed out the lug hole to fit around bolt. Before it would get stuck and twist my wire when I would loosen/tighten it. This reduced the amount of contact metal for the ground.

Post pic of your ground? Sounds like your battery is takin a poop. Go get it load tested at advance auto or something
I will when I get a chance, most likely tonight or tomorrow. And auto zone tested my battery with my alt. which I left out above. It passed all tests.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.