Helix and zapco

spudracer326
10+ year member

has a bastard system
Oregon
Looking for a amp to power my recently acquired alpine type x 6.5" components. I have a Rockford Fosgate p2002 that was powering my infinity referance components. I think this will be okay for a while but wont let me truly appreciate the sound quality of my new speakers. hense why I was drawn to helix and zapco. Does any one have any experiance with these. I m looking for pure sound quality. here is a link for the two I am considering.

Helix B2

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...duct_ID=34 28

Zapcoc2k-3.0x

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...oduct_ID=58 7

any advice is welcome

any recomendations to other amps is welcome as well

would like to spend under 800 for the amp.

on a side note would I be better off to put the speakers in q form kick panels or the door and sail panel. i have completely dynamatted both doors the speakers will be going in.

thanks for the help:)

uhh out of the two companies i would choose the one that will supply the your components the best. because quite frankly zapco and helix are in a class of their own (also include brax, sinfoni, tru, genesis, and other high end brands i can't think of right now). lol.

Amps are amps.

Only reason why I'm using my Helix's is because of the TO3 output transistors and the price at which I acquired them for.

The C2K Zapco is a good choice too...

What HU are you using? If you're looking for the BEST sound, I'd spend it on a good HU (or even a HU >>> optical >>> processor combo) and well-built kickpanels.

So long as the amp you want to get puts out it's rated power and doesn't have any turn-on pops/clicks/noise and a low noise floor, then it should suit you well. How good it sounds comes down to tuning.

i have a alpine 9855. Thanks for all the responses. Are you saying that if i tune my rf amp right it will be sufficiant?

^ yea if you look at the arc audio catalog, robert zeff states that "this is the finest amplifier i have ever made."
if they paid me i would say it too.

look into the zapco digital reference lines. they should be shipping to dealers right now according to the site. they are absolutly amazing. sound great. you set them up completely from a computer, there arent any adjustments on the amps at all.

go to whats new on the zapco site, scroll down on the page that opens up. http://www.zapco.com

I don't know why, but I've always wished that I had zapco for my car... If only the place I work at carried them.

I agree with takeabao that most of it will be in your tuning, I would still probably change out the amp from your rockford. Be sure and take full advantage of all of the options built into the 9855!

Yes, that is what they are saying. You could go out and buy a top of the line subwoofer or speakers and install or tune them poorly and they will sound horrible when reviews say that they should sound grrrrrreat. Same thing goes for bottom line equiptment.

I don't know why, but I've always wished that I had zapco for my car... If only the place I work at carried them.I agree with takeabao that most of it will be in your tuning, I would still probably change out the amp from your rockford. Be sure and take full advantage of all of the options built into the 9855!
with the dsp (time alignment and 10 band EQ per channel included) built into the dig refs, you cant get much better tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

spudracer326

10+ year member
has a bastard system
spudracer326
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date