Help asap

Participant count
  • Participant list

genasis coupe 3.8

CarAudio.com Newbie
Okay so I bought this Apple car play after market radeo I went down a dirt road had speakers and just one 10 with its own built in amp and now my radio won’t come on I hooked a tester to it and the yellow wire is the only one that lights up I checked fuses and they were good I even hooked up the old radio and it won’t even come on I rewired it the radio (aftermarket one) and still nothing I disconnected the sub still nothing I pulled fuse and changed it out both the one for the car and the one to the radio and there good bulb lit up and everything just not getting no power but when I reset the after market one it comes on for maybe 2 seconds and shuts off I can keep redoing that process over and over and it still won’t stay on

Try hooking it up directly to the battery with a regular 16 gauge speaker wire +/- then daisy chain the remote lead, If you can hook everything directly to the battery and it works then you have a bad power connection somewhere, maybe a cold solder joint or constant wire lead connection that is bad.

If the red wire doesn’t have 12 volts with the key on, the stereo will not come on. If you want to test the stereo to make sure it is working correctly, you can connect the red with the yellow that has power. You can’t really leave it that way because the stereo will stay on 24/7 till it runs the battery down.

Try hooking it up directly to the battery with a regular 16 gauge speaker wire +/- then daisy chain the remote lead, If you can hook everything directly to the battery and it works then you have a bad power connection somewhere, maybe a cold solder joint or constant wire lead connection that is bad.
Agreed with this here. Since you have the unit pulled out of the car/dash...test it at your car battery directly for operation. very simple to do with two 14/16 ga wire/split some speaker wire even and use. Test at 12v battery post. Make sure the unit has a good fuse on the back of it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...