HELP in bypassing car amp

hrtbrk1
5,000+ posts

1ManWreckinCrew
well i got a 99 jeep grand cherokee with the best stock infinity gold crap and im putting in my aftermarket stereo in it soon and i was wondering how do i bypass the amp..or whatever i need to do to get my project started...something with a floating ground or whatever...please help

are you using HU power for your speakers or an aftermarket amp? If HU power and you want to keep stock wiring,, cut the wires coming into the factory amp and cut the wires coming out of the factory amp, and put them back together making sure everything is correct and in phase. Or you could run all new wires. If using an aftermarket amp,, you will likely want to run new wires, or do the same as i mentioned before but run to amp insead of HU.

or if there is some kind of factory harness without traditional + and - wires going to the factory amp, but traditional + - coming out of the amp, and you are planning to use HU power, you will run new wires from the deck and connect to those coming out of the factory amp.

yeah, i had that upgraded system in my truck and i couldn't get by it. i just installed my new fronts and amp anyways. f*ck that upgraded sh*t.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.