HELP ME PLEASE!? Kicker L7 making "Rattling sound"

well, prefab boxes aren't really ideal, or suggested. however, that one is 3/4" mdf, and will work a lot better. what i can see, is that the port is a tad on the small size (but tuned to a good frequency), and you should probably put in some bracing

running the numbers, it comes out to 34hz, which is a tad on the lower side for the sub, but within range. yes, you can use dowels in the large plain, but on top of that, you put little triangles of mdf where 2 sides meet, to help strengthen. if you still have that damaged wood, there may be some small amout of un-swelled wood in the middle, that would be perfect for chopping into triangles. if not, maybe a cheap 2x4 or scrap mdf? just something strong enough..

dowels, are pretty much the same as closet rods, just smaller...... you put them across the inside of the bod on large planes to keep it from flexing. look in the enclosure section, and you can see some in the 4th order 16-12's thread..

I didn't read through this whole thread, but want to just put my experience out there. I have had 6 different L7 15's, and 3 of them at some point had a odd rattle. It was due to a broken piece of glue being inside the cone space... taking the woofer out of the box and flipping it around would tell you if there was a piece of this glue in there moving around.. It's almost like a piece of glass. I had to cut it out of my last ones and epoxy over the hole... reason for this was because I didn't want to risk getting anything stuck down by the motor, and it was easy to just cut open a flap, extract the loose piece and just epoxy the flap closed again. Never had another problem like that again.

the "Rattling" on my sub wasnt the sub at all is was my spare tire about to fall off lol but thanks

I didn't read through this whole thread, but want to just put my experience out there. I have had 6 different L7 15's, and 3 of them at some point had a odd rattle. It was due to a broken piece of glue being inside the cone space... taking the woofer out of the box and flipping it around would tell you if there was a piece of this glue in there moving around.. It's almost like a piece of glass. I had to cut it out of my last ones and epoxy over the hole... reason for this was because I didn't want to risk getting anything stuck down by the motor, and it was easy to just cut open a flap, extract the loose piece and just epoxy the flap closed again. Never had another problem like that again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.