help with pioneer avh p3100 dvd bypass

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you are using a switch with an LED, you will need to use a relay to give you a negative trigger. If you hook the brake wire to the switch directly, you have the possibility of popping electrical components in the stereo. LED rocker switches are designed to provide a posetive source.

If it is a two place toggle switch, if you hook the common to ground, then either position on the switch will give you the wiring you need.

If you are using a switch with an LED, you will need to use a relay to give you a negative trigger. If you hook the brake wire to the switch directly, you have the possibility of popping electrical components in the stereo. LED rocker switches are designed to provide a posetive source.
If it is a two place toggle switch, if you hook the common to ground, then either position on the switch will give you the wiring you need.
i have 3 prong led switches

i have also basic 2 prong switches

Seth

so use the 2 prong over the 3 prong

hook 1 prong up to th ebrake green wire

and the 2nd prong up to ground

am i understanding you ?

thanks in advance Seth

Travis

Exactly. One wire goes to the green wire on the HU, then ground the other one.

I had a Lighted LED switch on my video system and hated it. It was a bright blue LED right in my face. It was mounted right underneath the stereo. I traded it out for a simple off on switch. Works like a charm, and no tricky wiring required.

If you plan to leave the brake override on all the time, after you start your movie, you will need to pulse the park brake off, then back on. So start your dvd, it won't let it play, turn your switch off then back on.

There is a way to make it so you don't have to wire a switch at all but that requires multiple relays, I can help you find a diagram on the internet if you are interested in doing it that way. Unless you are technically inclined, I wouldn't recommend playing with wiring as tricky as that though.

gonna take your advice

2 prong

and the switch can remain in the off position

in the event he watches a movie

than he can activate the switch

thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.