Help with Pre amp outputs. What are they?

Participant count
  • Participant list
First time posting on here but I couldn't get a straight answer from google so I figured id give this a shot, and I apologize if there is a thread for this already I looked but didn't see anything I was looking for. My current car doesn't have an after market receiver/stereo in it and I'm splicing speaker wires for a RCA converter. Well here is where I get confused because my car comes with the terrible sounding fender speakers and 8" sub in the back. The 8" sub's wires/harness are the ones I hooked the RCA converter to. Yes the sub is also removed lol. The wires I spliced into have to have live power coming from the cars built in amp because the 8" was only pluged in with 4 speaker wires hooked to a harness. Is the power that is then converted into my RCA jacks getting plugged into my amp harming it? What will it do to the amp? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.