help with sub box in regular cab truck for sundown sa 12 please!!

boostindoo

im a long time lurker. havent had a vehicle to really put anything car audio in in awhile. this is also my first time putting a sound system in a truck. so if you guys could hook me up with some simple box designs and ideas that would be awesome!! i hope all the info i gave will be enough. thanks in advance for the help!! i havent gotten the sub yet, so if anybody has one they want to sell let me know...

Vehicle : 2003 dodge ram 1500 regular cab

Location in the vehicle: behind driver seat

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 31x12x16

Subwoofer make and model: sundown sa

Subwoofer Size: 12

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): aero, slot

What type of music do you like?: decaf, dubstep, rock, hiphop

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: everyday music

Tuning Freq (Hz): 35 or whatever is optimal

Volume : 1.5-2.0cuft

sub specs: * RE: 4.33 Ohms * Fs: 30.3 Hz * Qes: 0.519 * Qms: 7.25 * Qts: 0.484 * Vas: 29.07 L * BL: 22.16 NA * Le: 4.73 mH * Mms: 308 g * BL^2 / RE: 113 * 600 watts RMS * XMAX: 19mm one way

Mounting Depth = 6.5" Cut-Out = 10 15/16" Displacement = 0.14 ft^3 Overall OD with Gasket = 12.5" Enclosure Suggestions: 1.75 ft^3 ported tuned to 30 Hz -- F3 of 26 Hz * Tune higher and use a smaller box for more SPL oriented setup (Use 1 - 1.5 cubes) * Enclosure can be as big as 2.25 ft^3 with lower power levels 1.00 ft^3 sealed -- F3 of 44 Hz * For SQ and space limited applications

sub amp: sax 1200d

Questions: what would be the best orientation in a regular cab? sub forward, port to driver side panel?

sub forward port to the passenger side is your only option really. you gave dimensions for a square box, trucks use wedge boxes.

thank you so much guys!!

so, 26.5x12x16 with an aeroport 4x 6.35 would be about 2 cubes @ 32.....perfect!! my truck has a lot of space behind the seats for some reason. thats why im just trying to keep it simple and build a square box that would fit back there. im only 5'9 so i have plenty of room.

i had a question about changing the box dimensions...if i changed the dimensions a bit, say 26.5x14x14, would that still work? i need to build a second box for an acura tl...

thank you so much guys!!
so, 26.5x12x16 with an aeroport 4x 6.35 would be about 2 cubes @ 32.....perfect!! my truck has a lot of space behind the seats for some reason. thats why im just trying to keep it simple and build a square box that would fit back there. im only 5'9 so i have plenty of room.

i had a question about changing the box dimensions...if i changed the dimensions a bit, say 26.5x14x14, would that still work? i need to build a second box for an acura tl...
As was stated, you need a wedge enclosure for a single cab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.