Hifonics jupiter clipping! help

Participant count
  • Participant list

hurricanes0688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cleveland
Ok so my light on my amp is flashing that says overload. Either my voltage is dropping or im sending it a clipped signal. What would be causing this to happen. Its the only amp currently hooked up in the car. Gains are turned pretty low about 1/3 of the way. And it flashes when bass seems to hit evne though i have the high pass crossover turned up. I have it hooked to a set of 6.5s and 6x9s, so its at 4 ohms even though it is 1 ohm stable. My radio worked perfect in the mustang and i tried another set of rca's. I dont know what could cause this i do have the amp grounded to the battery. The car does have a 250 amp alt and 2 batteries in it so i shouldnt be dropping voltage for any reason with a 650 watt amp, please need some major help here so i can get my system complete and get my a set of geraniums and not have to worry about clipping and destroying them

The overload indicator is letting you know that the output is at or near clipping at that particular momment. Often times this is acceptable during peaks in the music as the amplifier is working harder with lower reactive loads at play. BUT, you mention that you have the HIGH PASS "turned up" which is not the correct setting. The High Pass filter works by filtering out all frequencies below the selected Frequency. The Low Pass filters out all frequencies above the selected Frequency. I think that this information will help you to set the amplifier up for your current speakers. Please email me if you require further information. mikes@maxxsonics.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.